Full face helmets that fit under the seat.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lagerhead

Full face helmets that fit under the seat.

Post by Lagerhead »

I know there has been a little sub discussion on weather or not certain full face helmets will fit under the seat of the new Buddy, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a list. Especially after I found out that both my wife's and my helmets do fit but it's so tight that they won't fit unless you take them out of their really thin bags.
Attachments
HJC CL-MAX size XXL FITS
HJC CL-MAX size XXL FITS
mc5.jpg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
Vega Altura size medium FITS
Vega Altura size medium FITS
Altura_Pink_GR.jpg (53.35 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
Last edited by Lagerhead on Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

My Scorpion EXO-400 size Large, full-face helmet fits under the seat just barely. I think that the plastic underside of the seat just touches it, as it takes a wee bit of pressure to close the seat. A Medium or Small might better fit; anything bigger might not.
ellen

Post by ellen »

My Medium HJC CL-Max fit. I also had a apply some pressure on the seat to get it closed. But it did fit :)
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

Nolan N61 size small barely fit. I had to drop the seat hard with solid effort latch it. So, maybe it isn't a great choice if this is a concern

Icon Alliance, size small, fit nicely. Great helmet for the price at DennisKirk.com
Tamari

Post by Tamari »

My large HJC CL-13 just barely fits, too.
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

My HJC CL-15 Session fits. Not a lot of room left, but at least it'll go in there. I just cram stuff into my helmet if I can't take it with me.

Jody
RabidChild

Post by RabidChild »

My new AXO Stealth (matte silver) size XL fits just fine
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

My SHOEI full face XS fits as well as my husband's SHOEI full face medium fits with no problem. :wink:
Laura
mlee10018

Post by mlee10018 »

My Z1R stance in L just fits, the XL also fit when I tried it at the store.
mlee10018

nolan n100e

Post by mlee10018 »

I am trying to find a modular helmet and am looking at the nolan n100e. Does anyone have this helmet and know if a size large will fit under the seat?

James Tate who had a n102, the newer version with a sun visor, said that his did not fit under his seat.

thanks all,
Lee
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

My Bell Sprint full face XL fits under the seat, but I doubt you'll find a modular that would fit.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

I have a modular helmet, a KBC model FFR, size XL. I took it up to my dealer's and he was able to get it to fit under the seat... barely, with some pushing.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
lily

Post by lily »

My size small full-face HJC helmet fits, but I have to push the seat to get anything else in there with it. I'm not quite sure what the model is, but I think it's one of the cheapest ones!
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

My medium Xpeed Aegis fit just fine.

It's a little tighter to get my Shoei X-11 under there, but it fits -- even in its bag.
Huh? What just happened?
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: nolan n100e

Post by ericalm »

mlee10018 wrote:I am trying to find a modular helmet and am looking at the nolan n100e. Does anyone have this helmet and know if a size large will fit under the seat?

James Tate who had a n102, the newer version with a sun visor, said that his did not fit under his seat.
I don't think there's much diifference in size between the N100 and N102. The VPS sun visor adds just a little width and hardle any space in the front (it's almost flat against the clear visor). So a slim chance a N100 would fit. If I get near a dealer that sells them I may stop by to check it out. I've only seen them in 2 shops around here...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

My Icon Alliance fits fine.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Sailn wrote:My Icon Alliance fits fine.
For real?! I need to try mine then! I hope it works, too.

ETA: It does! The XXL Icon Alliance just barely fits, with my gloves and bungee net tucked inside it, heh.
ModBud #442