Nice textile jacket for cheap...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AxeYrCat

Nice textile jacket for cheap...

Post by AxeYrCat »

So, I bought mine a little over a month ago for $95, and I've been really happy with it -- it's comfortable, light enough to wear when it's warm, comes with a zip-out liner for when it's not so warm, etc.

It looks a lot like a Member's Only jacket on steroids.

But now New Enough has 'em for $59.

I highly recommend the aquisition of one, especially at that price.

http://www.newenough.com/powertrip_tt_jacket_page.htm
Huh? What just happened?
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Can you make any comments on the sizing?

I'm not a big guy, but I'm broad in the shoulders and often need to size up accordingly. I want to buy one of these but don't want to get the wrong size.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Sizing seems to be pretty correct.

I bought a small... My suit coat size is a 36R.

There's a decent amount of shoulder room, so I'd go with what you'd normally buy. :)
Huh? What just happened?
bwilms

Post by bwilms »

lobsterman wrote:Can you make any comments on the sizing?

I'm not a big guy, but I'm broad in the shoulders and often need to size up accordingly. I want to buy one of these but don't want to get the wrong size.
I haven't tride on this jacket, but I tried on a bunch of jackets before finally purchasing one myself. In a normal, non-motorcycle jacket, I wear an Medium, so I tried on Medium motorcycle jackets. They were to small. So, I went to trying on Large and they fit much better. When I finally purchased one online I went with a Large of a jacket I never tried on, and it fit just right. YMMV.
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

I bought the black and cream in women's yesterday. The sizing was so vauge, but I got a medium. If it's too big, their exchange policy seems pretty straightforward.
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

I bought one by First Gear. The size that I ordered was too small and I had no trouble exchanging it for a larger one and I received it within 2 weeks of returning it. Great people/company to deal with.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I received my jacket (http://www.newenough.com/powertrip_tt_jacket_page.htm) yesterday. They still have some, though size/color options are diminishing. I had wanted to get the blue for visibility but they didn't have it in my size.

I ended up ordering the large, and it seems to fit perfectly for my arms and shoulders. I've never had an armored jacket before, since I am new to this two wheel stuff, so this will be an adjustment for me.

I was hoping to ride test it tonight, but the Cincinnati weather prognosticators are calling for the apocolypse this afternoon, so maybe it will have to wait. :cry: