The Tucson/Phoenix "I saw" thread

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ka24desc

The Tucson/Phoenix "I saw" thread

Post by ka24desc »

Spotted: :) orange buddy, female rider heading west on Pima @ alvernon.
HI!!!
Have fun in life, doing whatever you do whenever you do it.
notselfcreated

Post by notselfcreated »

Don't know how many responses you're going to get. I never asked ScootOver how many they've sold so far, but there was only one Buddy at the Flagstaff rally a little while ago (hey Keys).

I really notice scooters when I see them, but I haven't seen a Buddy on the road. I know there's a lady in my area driving a red Honda, it looked like the Elite but had a different name.

One night I saw another woman on a white vintage-ish looking scooter turning left from Swan on to Fort Lowell.

I also noticed that neither was wearing any gear. Oh well.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Actually, Mike and Shelby have sold quite a few...including a number to Phx customers. I believe I'm still the only northern Arizona Buddy rider. Since a lot of the Buddy customers are first-time riders, it may take a while for them to get comfortable enough to be "out-and-about" on them.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

You'll soon notice a new pink Buddy in the Catalina area. I'm getting mine tomorrow!
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

SheZAAM! wrote:You'll soon notice a new pink Buddy in the Catalina area. I'm getting mine tomorrow!
Great color choice! I haven't seen any other Buddies in my neck of the woods yet either. Mostly Stellas and Metros.

Welcome to the Family :clown:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
lou76

Post by lou76 »

it seems like shelby et al have sold a proverbial handful of them... it trips me out that there is only one other buddy in phx that i know of, though... correct me if you know different keys...
ScooterMonkey

Re: ...

Post by ScooterMonkey »

lou76 wrote:it seems like shelby et al have sold a proverbial handful of them... it trips me out that there is only one other buddy in phx that i know of, though... correct me if you know different keys...
Yeah that is weird. I can't believe it's right tho. I thought I heard Seth at Scooter Inv. mention that they'd sold several.
It sure would be nice to see, or at least get some posts from them.
toga28

Post by toga28 »

Probably not a whole lot of scooter action up in Spencer, anyway, eh dahuffy? Stellas & Vespas do tend to dominate in OKC, but I see the occasional Metro, People, Vino, and some older Honda scoots. I know of at least 3 Buddys - mine (orange w/ General Lee decals), and two black ones (one w/ small flame stickers). Everyone else is probably too busy zipping around town on their Buddy for me to see...
-Andy Moore
Orange Buddy 125
Covets thy neighbor's Stella
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

toga28 wrote:Probably not a whole lot of scooter action up in Spencer, anyway, eh dahuffy? Stellas & Vespas do tend to dominate in OKC, but I see the occasional Metro, People, Vino, and some older Honda scoots. I know of at least 3 Buddys - mine (orange w/ General Lee decals), and two black ones (one w/ small flame stickers). Everyone else is probably too busy zipping around town on their Buddy for me to see...
There's a few scooters out this way..MWC and Del City mostly. Hubby has his Buddy on consignment at Atomic Brown, he's trading to the Blur instead. I'm in the process of modifying my all Pink to Pink and Black.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

My new Buddy finally arrived.....5 days later than expected.

ka24desc

Post by ka24desc »

Saw several motorcycles this week and most waved. Got waves from a sportsbike, a cruiser and a touring bike. Saw many different scoots too. Everyone on scoots wave. Haven't seen another buddy in a while though.
Saw some older vespas, a lambie, 2 stellas and a few makes that I cant determine.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Not in Arizona, but it's dark when I go to work. I saw some sort of bike behind me this morning, but it turned into the American Airlines maintenance base before it caught me. I saw a Harley at a light in town (Tulsa) but she didn't acknowledge my presence. :D

ECS
ka24desc

Post by ka24desc »

Saw a black Buddy heading south on Alvernon between Grant and Pima about 5:00p.m. today. Anyone here?
ka24desc

Post by ka24desc »

Saw a guy on an orange buddy yesterday W/on Pima, turned left on Columbus.....
1dozer

I'm here

Post by 1dozer »

I drive a cream buddy in Mesa (McKellips and Gilbert)
ka24desc

Post by ka24desc »

OK, who rides the black buddy with yellow helmet and Navy jacket?
Saw you today going E on Pima from Alvernon to Craycroft.
Guess I,m the only one on this board from Tucson that notices other Buddy scoots :(
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

I'm in Tucson (Catalina actually), but I've gone "into town" a couple of times on weekends and have never seen another Buddy. I did see a cool purple Vespa in front of 58 Degrees on Broadway last night.
1dozer

Post by 1dozer »

I've been riding for three months. Would love to take a day trip. I'm in Mesa. sorry to say, but most motorcycles just ignore me.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I haven't seen another Buddy on the road, ever. I've only seen two other scooters on the road recently. One was one of those big things that resembles an easy chair with wheels front and rear, and the other belongs to a gal at work, that one's an "Adventure 150."

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

All of us Tucson Buddies need to get together for a group ride. To the Biosphere, perhaps?
ka24desc

Post by ka24desc »

I'd be up for a group ride, or even a group BBQ, burgers, dogs- meet your fellow Buddy riders and swap stories kinda thing....
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

I'm kinda new to Tucson, but I did a group ride from the Sears at Tucson Mall on Oracle to the Biosphere. That was a nice ride. If anyone hasn't done the tour, we could do it and stop for lunch on the way back. I've been on the biosphere before, but now that I've read the book The Human Experiement http://www.amazon.com/Human-Experiment- ... F8&s=books
I'd see it again.

Just name a date, time, place or another itinerary and I'm there.

Laura