Check out this Ebay seller.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

Check out this Ebay seller.

Post by babblefish »

For everyone that's been here for a while, check out this Ebay seller/auction: 260254305657

I'm going to stick my neck out and give him a try. :D
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
luckyleighton

Post by luckyleighton »

http://tinyurl.com/44ve34

Just posting the link for quick access.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

good luck! let us know how it turns out... I know there are several of us that will be VERY VERY intersted to buy some REAL parts. :D
maribell

Post by maribell »

I recognize that scoot. It's 'smellybumlove', a former forum member.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Yeah, those are all the same parts/photos that smellybumlove posted.
I also notice that smellybumlove is now banned. I don't know the reason,
but I thought I'd point that out.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yeah, he's banned for a lot of reasons. One is that he claimed he had no financial interest in the buying or selling of parts for scooters, which was obviously untrue.

He also proceeded to use this forum and others to say all kinds of nasty and untrue things about me. I gave him many opportunities to come forward and own up to it, and attempted contacted him several times through several email addresses he'd used to register several different accounts on this forum. Instead of replying to me, he chose to ignore it and spread more lies.

I really don't want to open the whole thing back up and have him start up with that crap again and I'm really not interested in opening a discussion about it since it's been a dead topic for some time. I'll leave it at this: He is the only person on this planet who is not welcome on ModernBuddy. Out of 2500 members in 2 years, we have banned maybe 4, and 3 of them would get second chances. Buyers beware.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Gee Eric, I didn't know that about him - I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I should stay clear of him just on principle. But you have to know it's tough when there seems to be no other source for this drug adiction called scooteritise. :(
bunny

Post by bunny »

Did you notice his ad states the auction is for ONE bolt?

Posting all of those pictures and then auctioning off a mere bolt...in some parts of the world, a woman would be known as a ___ for doing such a thing.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

i think it is just cheap advertising... saying he is selling a bolt... that way people will get in contact with him to order other parts etc...
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Most parts may not fit without modification or other parts, like brembo brakes, they wont fit on the standard buddy front forks, you'd need to get some after market forks that fit brembos probably.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

jfrost2 wrote:Most parts may not fit without modification or other parts, like brembo brakes, they wont fit on the standard buddy front forks, you'd need to get some after market forks that fit brembos probably.
Not sure about the Buddy, but Brembo has calipers that will bolt directly onto my Blur with no mods... :D But, again, not available here, just overeseas. :(
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

bunny wrote:Did you notice his ad states the auction is for ONE bolt?

Posting all of those pictures and then auctioning off a mere bolt...in some parts of the world, a woman would be known as a ___ for doing such a thing.
I'm not trying to defend the guy or anything since I don't know him, but to be fair, I just wanted set the record straight - he's not selling a bolt. If you read the auction carefully, he's offering to give away a bolt if someone orders something through his auction - and I'm sure he means it as a joke; the British have a dry humor (Monty Python, anyone?). :D
His auction is an offer to order whatever performance parts that might be available in Taiwan for the Blur/G-Max, Buddy/Bubu and Rattler. I don't know if he is legit or not, but it sure is tempting to give him a try. Especially since there are no other means in the U.S. to satisfy my scooter addiction. Picture this...you're standing alone at a bus stop on a dark and stormy night, when suddenly out of the dark, a lone figure in a long black coat slowly approaches and you feel a chill that seems to stab at your very bones. You nervously watch him as he get closer while at the same time hoping the bus will come in time. He seems vaguely familiar, but yet....then, before you know it, he's standing next to you looking...looking intently into your eyes and he seems to know...he knows about your addiction!. You nervously start to say something, but without warning he throws open his coat and he has...the biggest and longest...performance exhaust system you've ever seen! But wait, there's more! If you buy now, you can also get brakes and brake rotors and clutches and carburetors and, and, gasp! HID HEADLIGHTS! OMG! I need to go to the Betty Ford scooter clinic. :shock: :shock:
Smiziley

Post by Smiziley »

$5 shipping for a buddy, wow that's gotta be legit :roll:
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

Smiziley wrote:$5 shipping for a buddy, wow that's gotta be legit :roll:
Are we looking at the same auction. Or thread?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

MikieTaps wrote:i think it is just cheap advertising... saying he is selling a bolt... that way people will get in contact with him to order other parts etc...
Yeah, he's in clear violation of eBay selling policies. I expect this will eventually be removed by eBay.

Has he earned your trust yet?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Piedmont

Post by Piedmont »

Violation or no, I'm pretty sure it's the second time it's been posted. I haven't been on ebay for a while, can it be reported?
bunny

Post by bunny »

Yeah...um...NO. I'm not an addictive type personality, so I really wouldn't bother with some guy telling me he can get me stuff I can't get here. I'm more of the 'show me the money' kind of chick. Put up or shut. Don't tease to get me in the door, show me whatcha got.

Hence my current unhappiness with the ambiguity of Vespa
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.