Just wondering

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SCOOTINPINK

Just wondering

Post by SCOOTINPINK »

I'm wondering if any one else has noticed a couple of things so far?
I have about 68 miles on my buddy and today I went to start the scooter and it didn't want to idel. :? I also have trouble with the seat latch. :( My front left brake lever already needs to be adjusted. :P
Is this stuff normal for a Scooter?
jess

Post by jess »

I don't have either of those problems with our Buddy, but both sound like something the dealer could take care of fairly easily. I've had other scooters that had to have idle adjustment early in the break-in process, so it's not entirely unusual.
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

Checking the idle speed is part of the 300km service. With new carbs breaking in, you can expect to have to make adjustments like this. Same goes for the cable-operated brakes, throttle, etc., as the cables stretch a bit.
LDB

Post by LDB »

I can't comment on the question but had to mention how difficult the color font is to read for us guys with old eyes.
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
chip_cook

Post by chip_cook »

All depends on set-up fees. I was talking to a dealer yesterday and he stated the Buddy was easy to set-up, while teh Stella's take some time to put together and prep.

C.
Sam "Chip" Cook
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

LDB wrote:I can't comment on the question but had to mention how difficult the color font is to read for us guys with old eyes.
If you click and drag your mouse over it, it will change to a darker color. I found it easier to read that way.

Jody
SCOOTINPINK

thanks everyone for your feed back.

Post by SCOOTINPINK »

Ok, I'll be sure not to use the lighter fonts. :lol: