Scooter carrier for trailer hitch?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pdxer

Scooter carrier for trailer hitch?

Post by pdxer »

Does anybody have a scooter carrier for a trailer hitch that fits a buddy? after surfing the net, i see several but would rather have a first-hand review of one. Thanks!
sotied

Post by sotied »

Jeff • #2163
Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunter (see Gallery!)
http://www.jeffcutler.com
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

I have a Versa-Haul. I have used it to transport a CB350 from Detroit to Chicago. It works well but it really depends on the vehicle you have and how much weight you can "hang" off the rear. I completely trashed the rear suspension on my Land Rover after repeated use of the Versa-Haul. Of course, a Buddy weighs less than a CB350 so it may be fine if that is your intended purpose.
Personally, I would much rather use a trailer.
<b>2006 Buddy 125
1974 Honda CB350F
1972 Honda CB350 Twin
1968 Honda S90
1965 Lambretta Li150

1975 Ford Bronco</b>
Jenp

Post by Jenp »

I have a versa haul and love it. It worked well on the 6 hour trip home from picking up the scoot. The versa haul was higly recommend by my local buddy dealer and the vespa dealer in Atlanta. I found it on ebay for about 230. The stores want 400 or so. They also have used ones on ebay. My car did fine with it, I drive a small SUV.
luckyleighton

Post by luckyleighton »

Thanks for the topic and links....I am going through the process of coming up with a tow/haul method now for my rattler.
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

I thought this thread was about putting a trailer hitch on the Buddy.

:shock:
Christy

Post by Christy »

greencountry wrote:I thought this thread was about putting a trailer hitch on the Buddy.

:shock:
me too
EPSP #76
pdxer

Post by pdxer »

Sorry for the confusion....but the first responses were correct. i'm trying to get a hitch trailer for hauling my scoot for longer rides. Sounds like the versa will fit the bill. i'll check out ebay! thanks for everyone's input.