Kevlar jeans-protect knees and behind better

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

irishtim

Kevlar jeans-protect knees and behind better

Post by irishtim »

OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

These protect ONLY from abrasion or road rash. If you're serious about protection consider something with armor for the knees and hips in addition to abrasion resistance.

That being said, I've been eyeing the draggin' jeans myself. I just don't need full protection for short low speed trips.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

$62 is cheaper than the jeans i normally wear on the buddy... and my jeans most certaintly do NOT have kevlar....

They do have "7" on the back pockets tho. :wink:
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

schlagle wrote:These protect ONLY from abrasion or road rash. If you're serious about protection consider something with armor for the knees and hips in addition to abrasion resistance.

That being said, I've been eyeing the draggin' jeans myself. I just don't need full protection for short low speed trips.
You don't ever need full protection - until you fall, of course :)

My personal experience is that, when I fall (which is always from low speed), I appreciate the impact protection most. I don't get dragged on the pavement that much. I'd assume if I crashed at higher speeds I would, though, from the momentum. When I've fallen, the key areas have been hand/elbow and knee/foot, and I guess the helmet too.
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

on the plus side the kevlar may help with the bullets flying around the bay area here lately :shock:
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Draggin Jeans are very nice, probably my favorite all around riding pants. Good quality, fairly light (considering the amount of kevlar) and decent quality removable armor. The removable armor is actually my only gripe with these pants. It's difficult to place accurately and I have my doubts as to how well it will stay in place in a crash.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

The other day I saw a girl on a sportbike wearing jeans but with knee protection strapped over it. Kind of had a "Mad Max" fashion sense about it - actually kinda cool.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

beelzebubbles wrote:The other day I saw a girl on a sportbike wearing jeans but with knee protection strapped over it. Kind of had a "Mad Max" fashion sense about it - actually kinda cool.
Hmmm..... I've got some gnarly knee pads from my mountainboarding days, that's not a bad idea.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com