Tool Pouch

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScooterMonkey

Tool Pouch

Post by ScooterMonkey »

I'm going to put together a Tool Pouch to carry on my Scoot, I'd like some suggestions as to what I should include in it.
Thx.
jperkins

tools

Post by jperkins »

you relize that the scooter comes with some tools in a yellow pouch under the seat.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I think he was talking about some good tools, you know, real screwdrivers, a small socket set, some wrenches.

I'd recommend standard and shorty screwdrivers that fit the screws on the scooter, sockets appropriate to the nuts and bolts we might need to remove/tighten, wrenches ditto, some spare bulbs for the signals/brake light, flat fixer stuff, and one of those CO2 tire inflator thingies with enough cartridges to inflate both tires.

But that's just me.

ECS
ka24desc

Post by ka24desc »

I would add a small flashlight.......
Have fun in life, doing whatever you do whenever you do it.
Elm Creek Smith

A small flashlight would be a good idea, especially one of those that doesn't need batteries like the "Faraday" shake'em up lights or one of the hand-cranked jobs with multi-function switches with flasher capability.

ECS
Dave

Post by Dave »

Forget the tools. How about a cell phone and the roadside assistance number.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Beer.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

repeat from probably lots of places in these forums:

Roadside Assistance - 866.311.8982

I'm going to put that in my cell right now.

While I agree all those tools might prove useful once in a while, you put all those things in the compartment under the seat and you'll have no room for a helmet, disc lock or other security device, etc. Maybe for a long distance roadtrip, but not daily riding.

I think the most useful tool is a cell phone. A friend at work also suggested placing the number listed above onto a card and taping it inside the compartment somewhere for when your cell battery dies at the worst time.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

How about just a leatherman crunch, something for light (lightstick or mini mag light), maybe a can of fix-a-flat, a cell phone, a snack to eat while waiting for the road side people....

BTW, there is a bit of space under the front cowlin (cover). I guess it would be possible to tape/foam some tools in place there and just keep a small philips head screw driver under the seat; so as to be able to remove the front cowling.

I also thought about getting some eye bolts to put on the front; using the threaded mounts that the rack would use. Then you could attach a small tool kit on the front, ala the older Harleys which really do need a tool kit. Anyone know what size tread is on the front of the Buddy?
FlyingGary

Post by FlyingGary »

Tire pressure gauge.
Elm Creek Smith

Didn't think about a tire gauge since I almost always have one with me. Same for the cell phone. However, since I've been places where Cingular doesn't go, I'll take a tool pouch along. I don't put my helmet in the underseat storage anyway.

ECS

Update: Really should have thought about a tire gauge. Just checked the tires on the Buddy tonight after wondering why it seemed to be riding rough. Tire pressure was 40+ PSI in both of them. Took them down to 30 PSI. I'll take it for a ride tomorrow to see how it rides.

ECS
Elm Creek Smith

BTT after update.