1. Which model and displacement (CCs) scooter was crashed? Color?
Hyosung MS3-250 250cc's Black
2. Was the crash due to rider error? What time of day did it occur?
3. Could the crash have been avoided? What will you do differently next time?
Yes, Make better choices
4. Was the rider injured? What type of protective gear or clothing was the rider wearing?
Yes, Bilt Helmet, Gloves & Boots, Joe Rocket Jacket, Extra thick Jeans, Heat-out base layer.
5. What was the damage to the scooter?
Big freaking holes where there used to be plastic
6. Cost of repairs, if any?
Still to be seen, Taking it in Wednesday for the Insurance to inspect it at the shop.
7. How much (weeks, months, years) riding experience does the rider have? Does the rider have a motorcycle permit, license or neither?
Riding since 2008, Licensed.
8. Had the rider completed the MSF course?
9. Was the rider the scooter's owner?
10. How fast was the rider going?
5MPH? The group was slowing down to turn into a gas station.
11. How far was the rider from home?
During our clubs 'Fallen Rider Memorial Ride' ride I fell down
Howard was leading the group, I was in the middle and Lori was in the rear. Howard was pulling the group into the gas stop when I decided to break out of the pack to go directly to the restroom and the next thing I know I'm on the ground with the bike on top of me still running.
I was able to use my non trapped leg/foot to turn off the bike which was nice, And then a mob of bikers descended on me and helped get the bike off me and me off the ground.
I honestly don't fully remember what happened, I think the rider behind me may have followed me as I broke off and then 'Crossed my T' when they realized I Wasn't headed for the gas pumps with the rest of the group.
My plastics are trashed, You can see through the leg shield and the floor is missing big chunks.