People who are satisfied with the Buddy Topcase?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MNBuddy

People who are satisfied with the Buddy Topcase?

Post by MNBuddy »

I only want to hear from people who bought and are satisfied or happy with the color matched Buddy topcase!

I have not had an opportunity to see one of these topcases in person but I would really like to hear your thoughts if you are ok with the topcase. (I want some input prior to making the 25 mile trip to my dealer).

I have seen all the negative remarks and at least one horror story about the topcase so I know they aren't perfect but I do like the idea of the color matching vs. custom painting.
sparty

Post by sparty »

I am satisfied with my topcase. The color really matches my Buddy. That's about the only positive thing I can say about it though. Well, that and it does have this feature called "lock"...
GatsbyGirl

Post by GatsbyGirl »

It may be helpful for you if someone could post pictures of their Buddy topcase -- close-ups, the inside, etc.

Anyone want to volunteer?

Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who took one look and said, "Not worth it for a quarter of the price." I think I'm going to wait a while longer and see if Genuine follows through with color-matching the better quality ones:

viewtopic.php?t=540&highlight=
germ

Post by germ »

crap. saw it in the store and passed.
big calm

Post by big calm »

I dig my top case....
I've put it to good use....
I carry all kinds of fun stuff in my top case....
brat

Post by brat »

My local shop does not like the quality of the materials used. He said it was too thin. And after hearing about someone case coming open on the RR tracks, I got a Givi case. E30

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bau ... 98&lang=en

So far I like it. I do wish it matched the paint, but my helmet fits in it and it would not fit in the Buddy topcase.

So, IMHO, get the buddy topcase if you are not looking to store your helmet or carry anything of size, weight or vaule. It really looks great on the bike. But if you want a topcase you will be able to use, look at the E30. Not too big and I am sure you could get it painted.

Susan
scootie

Post by scootie »

another Susan casting her vote for the Givi E30N... I have an older Vespa topcase very similar to the Buddy topcase and the locking mechanism isn't very good....., not much storage space, either. Plus once it is mounted it is a PITA to remove.

I 've had the Givi for over 3 years. First on my Yamaha Vino 50 --I painted it metallic red to match my scooter.
After I sold that scooter, I removed the paint and paiinted it a gloss black to cover up some scuff marks and it's now on my Vino 125. I love the fact it is easily removable and can hold a lot of grocereis and ff helmet if you want.

Get some matching paint and paint the Givi to match your Buddy---also imho black goes with everything :wink:

So Givi topcase = less money, better quality & easily removable = no brainer
Sooznd

03 Honda Metropolitan
06 Yamaha Vino 125
03 Yamaha Vino 50 -adopted by a foster family
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

scootie wrote: Get some matching paint and paint the Givi to match your Buddy---also imho black goes with everything :wink:
That's why I bought a black Buddy!

ECS