Any Buddies Play Tag?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

schlagle

Any Buddies Play Tag?

Post by schlagle »

I was wondering how many of you here participate in scooter tag.

If you don't know what that is you can browse this link:

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic24282

Basically you try to find the place, take a picture of your scooter in/near the spot, and then post your own pic.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Scavenger Hunt going on in the Gallery

:wink:
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I like that idea... i dont know if there are enough people here in seattle to do it... or could we do a look at me i took a picture next to a Coast Guard ship/boat... and see if anyone else across the country can find a DIFFERENT but similar thing to take a picture next too?> I dunno i am rambling now... :?
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

jmazza wrote:Scavenger Hunt going on in the Gallery

Cool! I had no idea. Learn something new every day :D
gymnation

Post by gymnation »

Sportiquers here in Denver have been doing it for awhile: http://www.sportiquescooters.com/forum/ ... topic=56.0
Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Syd

Post by Syd »

schlagle wrote:

The Scavenger Hunt is a complete blast. It is the most fun I've had with my scoot since I first got it. But the staying power of some of the games of tag on MV is pretty impressive (some started over a year ago and still going?). I fear for Scoot Lemont's health, if we were to assign him the task of keeping a hunt going for a year :wink:.

Tag works in a city/area because it is so specific. You can't cheat - and get away with it - when someone takes a pic in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. Can anyone think of a way to remove those regional limits? Without it just turning into another "Here's a pic of my Bud" thread?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

Syd wrote: Can anyone think of a way to remove those regional limits? Without it just turning into another "Here's a pic of my Bud" thread?
MikieTaps up above did. I think it's a great idea. It could help get owners who live in low scooter density areas into the fun.
paige

Post by paige »

The kids at MV also play Photoshop/ Improbable Scooter Tag.

Find an image on the web (Google), shop your scooter in, post. Someone else has to find the exact same picture and 'shop their scooter in.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Syd wrote:
schlagle wrote:

The Scavenger Hunt is a complete blast. It is the most fun I've had with my scoot since I first got it. But the staying power of some of the games of tag on MV is pretty impressive (some started over a year ago and still going?). I fear for Scoot Lemont's health, if we were to assign him the task of keeping a hunt going for a year :wink:.

Tag works in a city/area because it is so specific. You can't cheat - and get away with it - when someone takes a pic in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. Can anyone think of a way to remove those regional limits? Without it just turning into another "Here's a pic of my Bud" thread?
The Scavenger Hunt is the best way I can think of to do a tag-like game without the limitations. Scoot Lemont has done a great job with it, making it accessible to all.

I don't know if I've said this enough in public, but it's one of my favorite things on the forum—even if I don't play. We're hoping to have monthly (or so) turnarounds for this in the fall to encourage more people to jump in. It's being discussed. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Jumping in to add my $.02. I think ScootLemont has done a FABU job with the Scavenger Hunt. It's a great excuse to get out and play with my scoot, takes me to places I might not otherwise visit, and gives me some great photos to look at every week.

Did I mention that the videos are wonderful, too?
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

I don't post a whole lot to this forum these days, but I've really gotten to LOVE the scavenger hunt. It's what keeps me coming back, constantly checking for other people's pics. It's fun because I've been able to get my wife involved lately and she normally has very little interest in my scooter. She cares mostly about me getting lots of points; I care mostly about getting good pics. Together we have been able to get decent points AND decent pics. I do hope we are able to keep something like this going.

--Roy
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

We could do a tag-like thing though.
Let's say I post a pic with that Coast Guard boat. I would then say "the next tagger must include these 3 things in his/her pic. Boat, Water, Dock.
Something along those lines maybe?
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

7eregrine wrote:We could do a tag-like thing though.
Let's say I post a pic with that Coast Guard boat. I would then say "the next tagger must include these 3 things in his/her pic. Boat, Water, Dock.
Something along those lines maybe?
Works for me. And if we keep the points out of it, maybe there will be fewer arguments?
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

MarsR wrote:I don't post a whole lot to this forum these days, but I've really gotten to LOVE the scavenger hunt. It's what keeps me coming back, constantly checking for other people's pics. It's fun because I've been able to get my wife involved lately and she normally has very little interest in my scooter. She cares mostly about me getting lots of points; I care mostly about getting good pics. Together we have been able to get decent points AND decent pics. I do hope we are able to keep something like this going.

--Roy
My wife really gets into the tag games I play too. Funny how something I only learned about a couple of months ago has become such a fun thing for us to do together.
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

I started a WORLDWIDE SCOOTER TAG thread. ;)

viewtopic.php?p=80831#80831
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

WOT Hey... I just stumbled onto this thread - thanks to everyone for the comments about the Scavenger Hunt - it is fun to run it... some times I feel like a puppet master - "lets see if I can get everyone to wear plaid pants & go to a golf course" or "I wonder how many people I can get to put staplers in a jello mold"
When we are done (Labor Day) with this series of 14 subjects over 14 weeks - I plan on handing it off to the next person & suggesting they run it 4 weeks.
FYI - I do a video recap each week & you can see them at
www.timwall.com/hunt (if you watch The Office dont miss the video for week 7 we had people who took their scooters IN their offices)

BOT
The scooter tag sounds like it could be fun - I will be checking it out