who is oldest, youngest, etc on MB

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

louie

Post by louie »

MikieTaps wrote:i concur I have ridden EVERY DAY since I got my scooter :D with the exception of 5 days... when I was out of town :P
wow when do you find the time? :wink:

OT...speaking of oldest people on the internet, evidently some of you would be surprised at how many people are on line that are much older than most riders. i know several in their late 80s and 1 who is in her 90s. it's a great way to stay in touch. if you know someone who doesn't get out much the internet is a good window to the world.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

O, yeah...I forgot my finger tattoo!

ModBud #442
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

polianarchy wrote:O, yeah...I forgot my finger tattoo!

Nice! I saw someone with a mustache tattooed on their finger like that once :) My only finger tattoo is my Wedding ring. I electrocuted myself on an ignition coil through my metal ring, so got it tattooed to prevent that from happening again :)
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

very cool librarian tat. 8) I think is funny how some local public libraries have gotten a little out of control with regards to noise. Fax machines and cell phones are so out of control in some...
Wafflehaus

Post by Wafflehaus »

Scooting: since Jan 3, 2008 (where have you been all my life? Although at 29 my first car is a scooter. to that I am grateful.)

Home: New Orleans (currently Birmingham, AL. sigh.)

Scooting mileage: 3,008 (last reading i noticed before it was stolen last week. again, sigh.)

[new category]
Listening to: Sun Kil Moon - Salvador Sanchez - Ghosts of the Great Highway. so glad I found this album again. think it's better than the last time I listened to it.

so, not beating anyone in any category, but i'll let this detail slide.

:D
I'm losing my edge, to better-looking people with better ideas.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wafflehaus wrote:...
Home: New Orleans (currently Birmingham, AL. sigh.)

Scooting mileage: 3,008 (last reading i noticed before it was stolen last week. again, sigh.)

[new category]
Listening to: Sun Kil Moon - Salvador Sanchez - Ghosts of the Great Highway. so glad I found this album again. think it's better than the last time I listened to it.
Hey, not sure if "good luck" is the right expression regarding the storm—hope you and yours make it through okay.

And sorry to hear about the theft.

Sun Kil Moon is great…

re: your location in your profile… I guess you know the Wilco song "Via Chicago"?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Wafflehaus

Post by Wafflehaus »

ericalm wrote: re: your location in your profile… I guess you know the Wilco song "Via Chicago"?
absolutely. nice catch. :wink: was listening to some sky blue sky coming driving in last night.

and thanks for the sentiments. we'll be back.
I'm losing my edge, to better-looking people with better ideas.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

So do I get to claim the title of fastest Buddy with <a href="topic7745.html">my thread showing me topping 80?</a> or has someone beaten that too? ;)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Kaos wrote:So do I get to claim the title of fastest Buddy with <a href="topic7745.html">my thread showing me topping 80?</a> or has someone beaten that too? ;)
I had a seizure before I got that far in the video. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

ericalm wrote:
Kaos wrote:So do I get to claim the title of fastest Buddy with <a href="topic7745.html">my thread showing me topping 80?</a> or has someone beaten that too? ;)
I had a seizure before I got that far in the video. :)
Well, then I'll claim most seasures and seasickness produced while attempting to claim some sort of Buddy related record :)
old and in the way

Oldest ?, Most West ?

Post by old and in the way »

:cry: No reply to my clames!! Maybe no one wants to fess up to actual age ! Can't get no more west without getting wet ! Just turned 100 (buddy I mean,miles) on a scoot to Point Lobos south of Carmel on Highway 1. On way back hit65+ on slight downhill run,then saw CHP on sholder looking to justify his pay. Think buddy a stelth machine maybe because speed limit 50 at that spot!! Pulled over behind him sholder to tighten helmet after speed run (almost pulled it off my head) ,still don't think he saw me!!!! Crused back to town :D :twisted: Onwhat seemed an almost perfict afternoon !!!! still waiting for my top case from Moxi Scooter,My God those guys are lost!!!!Been months of excuses etc. Oh well if that's all i've got to bitch about I'am still in Heaven!!!!
Old and in the gray :rofl: :wink: :shhh:
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Oldest ?, Most West ?

Post by ericalm »

old and in the way wrote::cry: No reply to my clames!! Maybe no one wants to fess up to actual age ! Can't get no more west without getting wet ! Just turned 100 (buddy I mean,miles) on a scoot to Point Lobos south of Carmel on Highway 1. On way back hit65+ on slight downhill run,then saw CHP on sholder looking to justify his pay. Think buddy a stelth machine maybe because speed limit 50 at that spot!! Pulled over behind him sholder to tighten helmet after speed run (almost pulled it off my head) ,still don't think he saw me!!!! Crused back to town :D :twisted: Onwhat seemed an almost perfict afternoon !!!! still waiting for my top case from Moxi Scooter,My God those guys are lost!!!!Been months of excuses etc. Oh well if that's all i've got to bitch about I'am still in Heaven!!!!
Old and in the gray :rofl: :wink: :shhh:
Sorry to say you're not oldest (Tazio at 71 and UXO at 73 both have you beat!) or furthest west (we have Hawaii and Alaska further than CA).