My upcoming journey to scooter holy land

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

My upcoming journey to scooter holy land

Post by jfrost2 »

Today is Friday, after tonight, my dad and I head off to Chicago. We have 2 points of going there.

1. He wants to visit a orchid supply/green house store.

2. To see scooterworks and maybe tour genuine if possible (If they still remember us asking from 1-2 months back)

I'll bring my camera to take some pictures, of scooterworks/genuine of course! If I cant get a tour, seeing scooterworks showroom floor will still be amazing, I mean, they're #1 of all scooter dealers!

Will be back Saturday night!
onlyagibson

Post by onlyagibson »

Nice. Make sure to post some pictures!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

To be honest, I'm excited about the trip to scooterworks and genuine, but right now for some reason, I'm more excited about free breakfast at the hotel. I hope where ever I stay has DIY waffles, eggs, toast, and sausage. It better not be a cheapo small cereal box or muffin in plastic wrap.
charltons

Post by charltons »

jfrost2 wrote:To be honest, I'm excited about the trip to scooterworks and genuine, but right now for some reason, I'm more excited about free breakfast at the hotel. I hope where ever I stay has DIY waffles, eggs, toast, and sausage. It better not be a cheapo small cereal box or muffin in plastic wrap.
You, sir, are a man after my own heart.
" You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought " - Leia
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

This Belgian waffle maker is one of my most used appliances at home ! Not for those looking after their waistline :D
Attachments
belgian-waffle-maker-waring.jpg
belgian-waffle-maker-waring.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

jfrost,
not meaning to highjack your thread, but it is funny how we go from scooters to waffles in 5 posts flat! :shock:
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

EP_scoot wrote:This Belgian waffle maker is one of my most used appliances at home ! Not for those looking after their waistline :D
I have a Belgium waffle maker too! :3 I usually reserve it for when we have guests, so I can keep my girlish figure:P They are mad delicious though.
Lift heavy eat clean!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Yea those are the kind they have lined up at some hotels for you to just toss a cup of batter into.

Not sure if anything will be bought from scooterworks, maybe a patch, tshirt, or maybe a px150 scaled model! Just something cheap. I'd love to buy a prima pipe, but I dont really need one right now, maybe next summer.
1cyl

Post by 1cyl »

You'll be shocked to see Scooterworks "showroom floor". :shock:
It's about 12'X14'. Sorry to burst your bubble. :oops:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

They moved the showroom, it's a little bigger now, but its still nothing too exciting.

Frosty, Polyanarchy is in town too. Are you going to be around Sunday? We were going to try to meet up somewhere.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

No, my dad and I will just be there for tonight, and saturday, after we get done, whenever we do, we'll just head home. It's a 4 hour drive.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I thought the scooter holy land was in Pontedera, Italy. :P

Yep, I'd really like to visit Genuine. My wife makes regular trips to Chicago to visit her corporate taskmasters. I'll hitch along one of these days.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

ericalm wrote:I thought the scooter holy land was in Pontedera, Italy. :P

Yep, I'd really like to visit Genuine. My wife makes regular trips to Chicago to visit her corporate taskmasters. I'll hitch along one of these days.
No no, I mean genuine scooters holy land, that's in chicago, over all in general is in italy. I still havent left yet, in another 1-2 hours I'll be on the road.
Spinergy

Post by Spinergy »

ericalm wrote:I thought the scooter holy land was in Pontedera, Italy. :P
I was thinking much the same thing. My first desire to get a proper scooter started last summer during a week in Italy. Within the cities roads are narrow, there's nowhere to park, and gas costs a mint so probably 75% of the motoring public are on scooters.
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

1cyl wrote:You'll be shocked to see Scooterworks "showroom floor". :shock:
It's about 12'X14'. Sorry to burst your bubble. :oops:
And methinks Frosty may also be shocked by the motel's "free breakfast"! :lol:
Because unless you're in a big luxurious hotel downtown, these things usually turn out to be a few stale donuts and a help-yourself coffee maker with powdered creamora! :P
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200