Genuine tells public early about new bikes

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

oryx

Post by oryx »

yes, i placed an order for the blackjack this weekend... estimated arrival is january or maybe sooner.

the dealers have a nice full color info sheet for both the black jack and ecobuddy. so if you are interested i would definitely stop by your dealer and pick one up.

the blackjack msrp is $3499 and ecobuddy is $2699. they both come with 2 yr warranty and 2 yr roadside assistance.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I wonder if the road side assistance is extended for the standard buddy's if you buy one of the 2009 models. Maybe, maybe not. But I dont see any reason why paying the same price for a eco, vs paying the same price for a buddy 125 wouldnt give you an extra year's worth.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

From what I understand, all 2009 Genuine scooters will come with 2 year warranty & 2 year roadside assistance.
ModBud #442
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

oryx wrote:yes, i placed an order for the blackjack this weekend... estimated arrival is january or maybe sooner.

the dealers have a nice full color info sheet for both the black jack and ecobuddy. so if you are interested i would definitely stop by your dealer and pick one up.

the blackjack msrp is $3499 and ecobuddy is $2699. they both come with 2 yr warranty and 2 yr roadside assistance.
Oryx,
Cool,I'm excited for you.Hopefullly the blackjack will be here in January,with no delays.I know I can't wait to start hearing from new blackjack owners, once they get them and get a riding.Finally,does the blackjack come with the playing cards(graphics) on em? Just curious. :D
Aerosmith, None Other.
oryx

Post by oryx »

thanks, buddylicious. we are total newbs to scootering, and are excited about it. don't even mind the wait, bc it gives us lots of time to shop for gear and take the msf course beforehand.

i don't think it has the playing cards graphic on the front fender anymore, it doesn't seem to have it pictured on the flyer.

i don't know if all the 2009s have 2 yr free roadside, i just know it did mention it on the eco and blackjack's info sheet, and since i wasnt interested in a regular buddy, i didn't ask about it on them.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Turns out the playing card vinyl graphics was just a photoshop Dave at metro scooter had done. The bike itself doesnt have any special graphics on the fender.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

love the 2year assistance. I guess they crunched the numbers and found the Bud's were pretty darn reliable. Chances are if there are some duds in the Buddy, they show up quickly and get resolved so there is not much loss in the second year
tekrek

Post by tekrek »

A Blackjack with a Buddy front black wire basket would be sobadass. I would fianally end all the discussion of how the red Buddy is the fastest.
"I'm your Huckleberry."
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

I think I'd rather have 1.9 years of roadside assistance and an rsa company that sent information to clients on time...
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I wonder if the Stella will get a 2 year warranty now? Can't get them here anyway. One of the reasons I bought a Buddy was the warranty. Not that I hope to use it, but that Genuine is betting I won't need it. This site and Alex's adventures are what put me over the top. I bought it before I ever rode it.

Interesting that Andretti (Mario) is offering a 3 year warranty on mainland Chinese scoots now. All they need now is a dealer network and fan base like this :wink:
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

olhogrider wrote:I wonder if the Stella will get a 2 year warranty now? Can't get them here anyway. One of the reasons I bought a Buddy was the warranty. Not that I hope to use it, but that Genuine is betting I won't need it. This site and Alex's adventures are what put me over the top. I bought it before I ever rode it.

Interesting that Andretti (Mario) is offering a 3 year warranty on mainland Chinese scoots now. All they need now is a dealer network and fan base like this :wink:
What Stella? Are they even producing them anymore for sale anywhere? I thought the last batch of 200 some-odd, was just that the last batch.

They had a 1 year warranty and NO Roadside. A manual 2-T is too much to warranty for 2 years.
Neducati

Post by Neducati »

mattgordon wrote:What Stella? Are they even producing them anymore for sale anywhere? I thought the last batch of 200 some-odd, was just that the last batch.
Yes, but not for sale in California. I saw a bunch of new 2009 Stellas at a dealership in New Haven, CT last weekend. Different grips and headlight and nicer paintwork, but otherwise the same.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Mechanicsburg to New Haven? What brings you to CT? It can't be the lack of traffic around Yale can it?
EZPZ #65
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

mattgordon wrote:
olhogrider wrote:I wonder if the Stella will get a 2 year warranty now? Can't get them here anyway. One of the reasons I bought a Buddy was the warranty. Not that I hope to use it, but that Genuine is betting I won't need it. This site and Alex's adventures are what put me over the top. I bought it before I ever rode it.

What Stella? Are they even producing them anymore for sale anywhere? I thought the last batch of 200 some-odd, was just that the last batch.

They had a 1 year warranty and NO Roadside. A manual 2-T is too much to warranty for 2 years.
Yeah, Vespa Portland has them all the time, they've just gotten the '09 Stella as well.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Kaos wrote:
mattgordon wrote:

Yeah, Vespa Portland has them all the time, they've just gotten the '09 Stella as well.
Dang that sucks....for us Cahleefornians!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

mattgordon wrote:
Kaos wrote:
mattgordon wrote: What Stella? Are they even producing them anymore for sale anywhere? I thought the last batch of 200 some-odd, was just that the last batch.

Dang that sucks....for us Cahleefornians!
It's been widely rumored that Genuine and LML are working on a 4-stroke, 50-state Stella. The specs are unknown; rumors were that there'd be an automatic with a 200/250cc PGO engine. We've since learned LML has developed a 4-stroke 150 for its manual scooters.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Neducati

Post by Neducati »

nissanman wrote:Mechanicsburg to New Haven? What brings you to CT? It can't be the lack of traffic around Yale can it?
Funny! I bought a new leftover 2007 Vespa GT200 from New Haven Powersports on eBay a couple weeks ago and was up there to pick it up. What a great scooter and motorcycle shop. Nice people and HUGE inventory of Vespas, Piaggio, Genuine and Kymco scooters, Aprilia motorcycles and scooters, and other Japanese bikes.

mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

Anyone know anything about the EFI system of the Eco-Buddy? Will it use any sort of o2 sensor or of any odd differences between the Carb vs EFI 125 motors? I personally could care less about the Eco aspect, but I wonder about EFI and the use of a Prima pipe? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm considering a EFI upgrade and wonder if it will be worth it.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

mhardgrove wrote:Anyone know anything about the EFI system of the Eco-Buddy? Will it use any sort of o2 sensor or of any odd differences between the Carb vs EFI 125 motors? I personally could care less about the Eco aspect, but I wonder about EFI and the use of a Prima pipe? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm considering a EFI upgrade and wonder if it will be worth it.
All the info I've seen describes it as a "closed loop EFI" which would mean that it uses O2 sensors. That being said, it should actually be fairly easy to drill a pipe and use the EFI system on a regular buddy.