Buddy Fest 09?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

polianarchy wrote: Everybody pick their local rally. Got one? Good! No? Okeh, y'all start your own!*
YAY BUDDYFEST FOR EVERYONE!!!
Waddaya think, sirs?*
when, where Poli??
I'll Blur and my wife will Buddy in Philly as long as it's NOT on a holiday weekend or the first half of August :D

The weekend (or 2) after the 4th of July would work great for us.

There were at least 3 Buddys at the New Holland Rally last weekend - they must be locals :| who, where are you :?:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

UnionZac wrote:
ericalm wrote:Okay, say there were a big gathering of Buddyists in one place. We could do a ride… but anything else? What would make for a cool, Buddy people event?

And how do we attract the many owners who don't participate in the forum and local clubs? There are hundreds of them in this area alone!

Ideas?
I nominate KrustyBurger to make the poster for our National Campaign which includes a URL for the section of MB devoted to this topic. We then leave space to write in the specific location and date (like a band flier), and hang them out our local Buddy dealers shop. New owners and owners just in for a service or whatever will see it.

activities:
panel swap?
cookout showcasing local flavours?
some sort of critical mass type event where we let the public now "we're here... down here"
Voodoo workshops?
Buddy racing?
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

Kaos wrote: Voodoo workshops?
Buddy racing?
+1
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Thanks, Kaos! I just might be showing up in a year or so...There's an annual event in Eugene that I've been eyeing since I found out about it couple years ago. It'd be roughly a 6,000-mile round-trip over the better part of a month. I need to get certain pieces of gear first, though.

I have no clue what goes on at rallies. Is there usually a vendor area, and does it have to be scooter-specific? *eyes his pottery* ;)
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

ericalm wrote:Okay, say there were a big gathering of Buddyists in one place. We could do a ride… but anything else? What would make for a cool, Buddy people event?

And how do we attract the many owners who don't participate in the forum and local clubs? There are hundreds of them in this area alone!

Ideas?
Would dealers be willing or able to share their listings of everyone they've sold to? That could give a regional contact person a good, solid list of folks to contact. I think a lot of them may respond to a personal invite to a "Buddy" event.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Howardr wrote:

Ideas?
Would dealers be willing or able to share their listings of everyone they've sold to? That could give a regional contact person a good, solid list of folks to contact. I think a lot of them may respond to a personal invite to a "Buddy" event.

Howard
You'd probably be better off either working with the dealer as a no-fee guest/host/contact or giving them promo material and asking them if they'd support it by putting it in their publicity machine. Website, email list, or a poster in the window or something.
Most businesses don't share their mailing lists with anyone...for good reason. Their customers are on those lists with an understanding that informantion won't be shared. I know my customers would disown me in a second if they found out I shared their info! (I'm an artisan.)
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Dust Bowl Weekend 2009: June 5th -7th. See www.dustbowlweekend.com. Many Buddies will be there! :D And they have some good, fun stuff to do (games, rides, and a big 'ol raffle)!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Cheshire wrote:
Howardr wrote:

Ideas?

Howard
You'd probably be better off either working with the dealer as a no-fee guest/host/contact or giving them promo material and asking them if they'd support it by putting it in their publicity machine. Website, email list, or a poster in the window or something.
Most businesses don't share their mailing lists with anyone...for good reason. Their customers are on those lists with an understanding that informantion won't be shared. I know my customers would disown me in a second if they found out I shared their info! (I'm an artisan.)
+1 We definitely don't want dealers handing over their mailing lists, but enlisting their help is a great idea.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

BeachBuzz, the Philly rally has been over July 4th weekend for the past nine years.
ModBud #442