Oil and spark plugs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GalacticFattPatt

Oil and spark plugs

Post by GalacticFattPatt »

Coming up on my first oil change. Couple questions. Anyone have the link to the handbook for all of that? what kind of oil should I use? and when do you need to change the Spark Plug? how can you tell when you need to change the spark plug? and can you get any performance improvement by getting a better spark plug put in.
I just mounted some ground effect lights to help with side profile at night time. Now I am just waiting for it to get dark. I will try to figure out how to post photos for those of you that would like to see.
Happy new year by the way.
GFP
Evil will always prevail, cause Good is just dumb!
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

May I suggest that you bring it in to your dealer for the First oil change for warranty purposes and then do them on your own after that. Most likely they'll let you watch you can see how it's done.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
wanderingwaldo

Post by wanderingwaldo »

topic719.html

Go for a fully ester based syntheic, and although they are not fully-ester based Mobil 1 and Q-power have very advanced additives which help to decrease friction to a comparable level. Whatever you choose make sure to drain the oil completely and flush it a bit to remove the old oil (warm up the engine, drain, put in a 3/4 charge, run engine for a few minutes, drain, fill). It is best to flush because different oils (even from the same manufacturer) can have incompatable additives that can react and form acids, gums, and varnish if run together for extended periods.
ebcspace

oil change

Post by ebcspace »

oil change... see this modernbuddy post...

topic76.html

I used a small rectangular plastic container as an oil pan, with no problem
of fitting it below the scooter, with plenty of room to work and catch oil.
container size... approx. 6" x 14" x 3" deep...

:wink:
scoot on!
GalacticFattPatt

Post by GalacticFattPatt »

Thanks for the tips and links. This is the first one I am doing, the 2nd one that the bikes is getting. I already had them do the first, but they did not invite me back to watch. I pretty sure I can figure it out. I will be doing it this weekend, so I will let you know how it turns out.
Any tips or ideas on a better spark plug and when that should be changed out?
Evil will always prevail, cause Good is just dumb!