buddy 125 in central florida???

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

amel

buddy 125 in central florida???

Post by amel »

Hi everybody,

I am a student here in Orlando and am trying to find a buddy 125 in Orlando or Winter Park.
Does anybody know of any dealers that sell that scooter in my area?
Help would be much appreciated.
Also, what is the total price I should pay for it?

Thanks Amel
DeadPatroit

Florida dealers

Post by DeadPatroit »

If you go to www.genuinescooters.com and click on dealers, it lists at least 5 for Florida... beats Michigan ..we have 2 in the entire state. or try this:Vespa Orlando
930 Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 647-2222
real friends don't let friends use Windows.
amel

vespa orlando doesn't carry them

Post by amel »

Eventhough "genuine" website lists them as a dealer, they don't carry them.
Frustrating...
DeadPatroit

alternates

Post by DeadPatroit »

That kinda sucks....Seems you are going to have to bite the bullet, and try one of the alternate florida locations.. I know .. it stinks.. I haven't bought my buddy yet.. and the closest dealer is a 2 hr drive.. but the closest after that is like 3 hrs.. pride of cleveland... good luck.
real friends don't let friends use Windows.
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

amel,

I can totally relate to your frustration. I have yet to see a Buddy live as there is only one dealer in ATL and they carry any on the floor, they will only special order them. That being said, I pick mine up next Monday! Also, with a special order, it is cash up front and if I don't like it, they charge me a 10% restocking fee. I hope this forum is an accurate view of this great scooter because it has weighed heavily in making my decision to go with a Genuine Buddy 125. I liked the Vino and am anticipating even more pleased with the Buddy!

Will the listed dealer in you neighbourhood special order one for you?
Laura
amel

Post by amel »

Well, I talked to the guy for 15 min and never once did he offer to order it for me. Looks like I am going to have to call other motorcycle shops in the area.
By the way , I am looking into buying a buddy based on this website too.
Hope I am not dissapointed.
ellen

Post by ellen »

I know a dealer in a small New England state which carries the Buddy and they are flying out the door. Heard of another Genuine dealer an hour away in an even smaller New England state which decided not to carry them. But recently changed their minds. Gee, I wonder why. :lol:
Blackeyes24

Post by Blackeyes24 »

I know its a little far for you but there are three dealers near me who all definately carry it:

Surfside Scooters
524A Northlake Blvd
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
(561) 842-3004

Pure Triumph
1880 South Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
(954) 343-6074

AA Moped
8427-29 Bird Road
Miami, FL 33155
(305) 223-2041

Its a little further away but AA Moped in Miami were really good to me and I am sure they would be able help you too. The problem is the Genuine website lists dealers who carry the Stellas, but not all of them carry the Buddy.

Sarah
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

amel,

I'll let you know my impressions of buying a sight-unseen scooter after I pick mine up next week. I'm no scooter expert so keep that in mind. Fortunately ffor me, the dealer I bought mine from is only 3 blocks from my house. Very convenient for servicing etc even though they failed miserably in demonstrating what a great product they have available. They are more a Vespa restoration place. Very cool. Pick a year and model, they will find it for you and restore it to your specs. I would've love to have done that, but it is very expensive and having a twist 'n' go type scooter for a beginner like me fit the bill.

Best of luck finding the Buddy in Florida. I know Alabama has a few dealers too. I almost bought one in Birmingham. Alas, having the service 3 blocks from my house out-weighed test driving one!

Cheers,
Laura
amel

Post by amel »

Laura ,

I'm looking forward to your first impressions.
What color are you getting?

Amel
scotsman

Post by scotsman »

Amel - I am at the dealership in Fort Lauderdale. I know it's a trek from Orlando but if there is anything we can do for you let me know. We can either ship a prepared scooter to you or have it ready for collection here.

In case you want to check us out the website is www.pure-triumph.com Currently I have black and cream 125's in stock.

Regards, Martyn
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

amel,

I am getting an orange Buddy. I passed my motorcycle learner's test yesterday. Now I need to sign up for the safety course and I'll be ready to go!

I thought the orange looked great and the added visibilty couldn't hurt. I think the cream one's pretty cool too!

What colour are you after?
Laura