went on the 101 (SF)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

thehypercube

went on the 101 (SF)

Post by thehypercube »

just had to try it. 101 in SF from octavia south to cesar chavez. short little run with the 125. got speedo to go up to about 65 i think but didn't want to look too long. rather look ahead. i can see now how larger wheels would really benefit in this scenario. it was windy and curvy and pretty scary but im glad i did it.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Congrats! You don't need bigger wheels, just more time on the ones you have.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

There are brief moments I wonder if I should have gone with a scooter that had large-diameter wheels...usually when I'm being bounced around riding through the migrating construction zone that has decided to live downtown long-term. :evil:
It's a short-lived wonder. Though, if I ever get a larger-displacement scoot for interstate capability, it'll definately have larger wheels. Last thing I want to do is hit a pothole at 60+ mph. :shock:
schlagle

Post by schlagle »

I hit a pothole on 80 doing about 75 mph on my mp3. The hit was so hard it knocked my gps HOLDER out of it's mounting sockets. Thank god the power cable kept it on board.

Some potholes are just going to get you.
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

congrats, I've done some bouts on the 280, the freeway part of hwy 1 between here and Monterey, and a few miles on the downhill part of the 17 going into los gatos/san jose. Hovered around 70 on the flat parts, got a bit past 80 on the 17 downhill. No potholes yet at that speed.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
bounce

Post by bounce »

i'll have to try that route some time... but definitely going to ride this for a few more months first. i hear you on those damn potholes... those are the days when i wonder if a scarabeo 100 would've fared better. then i think about all the storage and extra 50cc, and i'm over it.
old and in the way

Italia at Cow Plaice?

Post by old and in the way »

I think 19st. would be a real chalange for S.F., that seems like a stop and go race track! A buddy of mine spotted a Italia at the Cow Palaise gun show last week ......not slow bastard,he has a Papalonia,....any one care to fess up? old and in the way
old and in the way

Post by old and in the way »

OOPS :oops: I mean St.Tropez,sorry!!!!!
louie

Post by louie »

just for the record. i'm terribly jelious of all you californians and your scootering. beautiful riding territory...and you in northern arizona and southern utah for that matter.
paige

Post by paige »

bounce wrote:i'll have to try that route some time... but definitely going to ride this for a few more months first. i hear you on those damn potholes... those are the days when i wonder if a scarabeo 100 would've fared better. then i think about all the storage and extra 50cc, and i'm over it.
The wheels on the Scarabeo are larger, but they are skinny! One thing I really disliked about the Piaggio LT and the Kymco People was the almost bicycle aspect of the tires.