Greatest dealership!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brat

Greatest dealership!!

Post by brat »

So, I went to my Buddy dealership today, San Francisco Scooter Centre. I went to talk to him about my broken rear rack. He said other than on line that this was the first one he had seen. But even with that, he called Genunie and asked them if they warrented the racks and got told no. They also said this was the first time they had heard about a rack breaking. He told him he was going to warrenty it and if they changed their minds to call him back. Well the phone never rang while I was there. But he reinforced the center support bracket on a new rack and sent me on my way with a replacement!!

Now that is good service! I think I am going back tomorrow for the new exhaust pipe!! Sounds great.

Susan

PS. Thank You Berry
Keys

Post by Keys »

Perhaps Genuine should pay better attention...I'm a nobody and I'm aware of three racks breaking, including yours, Susan. I had two of them fixed and mine reinforced. And you're right, your dealer is one of the good ones. He deserves your business...and anybody else's in the area.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
rajron

Post by rajron »

brat;

Your going back to get an exhaust pipe??
What pipe?
If its an after market pipe can you do a couple of simple tests before and after you get the pipe. Like can you find one of those famous hills in SF and do a couple of timed test runs up the hill to see if the new pipe actually improves performance or if it just looks and sounds different/better - compare before and after pipe install - alot of us would like to see those results.

Ron
ebcspace

buddy rack service

Post by ebcspace »

The rear rack is a major plus to the buddy for me. I carry 24 packs of bottled water very frequently on it, and even a twelve-pack of the dew on top of a case of water, and it has held up without problem (knock on wood).

I think the posts here that mention the obvious shortcoming of the rack is a huge opportunity for Genuine to step up to the plate, and accept some responsibility.

Perhaps it is not actually made by Genuine, but if it is being offered as a Genuine product, the company should stand behind it even if the issue is not directly under their control.

Standing behind a product that does not live up to the expectations of the user(s) of a product is a part of doing business, even if it is not recouped, and becomes a loss.

Not taking care of your customer is much more expensive in today's marketplace, and flat-out saying that it is not warrantied at all is bad PR.

Praise to SF Scooter Centre for representing the customer ! :wink:
scoot on!
brat

Post by brat »

So, today I went back to SFSC to get my bike fixed. They got it all set in no time at all and I have the new exhuast. Boy it sounds great! ;) There goes my warrenty. lol

Anyhow, Genuine called while I was there. They said they will WARRENTY any broken back racks. You must bring them to your dealer for replacement and the dealer must send them to Genuine. I am happy to see them stand behind the after market parts they are selling.

I think once there are more after market parts and they are not all from them, than I think the warrenty thing will be less of an issue. But when the only company that distributes a bike and has all the after market part does not stand behind any of there products it makes you wonder. Thankfully they have changed there minds!!!

Susan
ebcspace

great dealership !

Post by ebcspace »

amen ! 8)

heal the world !

e.b. :)
scoot on!