(SR) Scooter Finds on eBay BUYER BEWARE

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kazoo

(SR) Scooter Finds on eBay BUYER BEWARE

Post by kazoo »

Last edited by kazoo on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

I guess LED's are acceptable???
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

What do I know about Vintage scoots... I ride a Blur haha

But that it one awesome scoot there. I think it's the first time I've seen an old scoot and actually wanted it :D
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

MAN! why can't there be a solid running vintage scoot with a crappy paint job here!!! For 1500 bucks? That's exactly what I've been looking for! :cry:
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

KRUSTYburger wrote:\ a solid running vintage scoot with a crappy paint job here!!! For 1500 bucks?

That's not just any vintage scoot, that's the semi-elusive Vespa Bluebadge sold by Sears only in '66!
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Assuming the Manual and Parts list are original, and not just a copy of sorts. How much value would that add to it, or is that stated just for practical matters alone?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

MB member StL_Stadtroller has a very nice IWL Berliner—with a trailer!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

KRUSTYburger wrote: MAN! why can't there be a solid running vintage scoot with a crappy paint job here!!! For 1500 bucks? That's exactly what I've been looking for! :cry:
Be patient. Let everyone who knows you know that you're looking...they have 2 friends and so on and so on. My b/f and I are known to have scoots so we've been able to pick up a sweet deal here and there because a friend of a friend has a brother-in-law whose father has a farm in upstate New York who used to ride a Lammy to tend the orchard, etc., etc., etc.

Don't be afraid of bikes w/o paperwork (do be aware of stolen bikes!). You can title a bike that doesn't have paperwork through legitimate title agencies. One of my scoots had to be titled in Maine and the new Dream had a 'Bama registration!

Oh and did I say, be patient. If you want it, you'll find it. That said, I'm *still* waiting for the perfect (read: affordable) Goggo.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
MAN! why can't there be a solid running vintage scoot with a crappy paint job here!!! For 1500 bucks? That's exactly what I've been looking for! :cry:
Keep an eye on Craigslist. I just spotted a 1950's Allstate for $500 in my area.... Now if I had $500. :cry:
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

kazoo wrote:Two foot pedals. One for go and one for stop?
Could be shift up/shift down, or it could be a brake and a shifter, or a foot clutch, I dunno how those work.

man, if you think Vespa people are old, anal, snobby anoraks, just go to a Cushman rally. And if you think vintage scooters are too slow...
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Orange Guy wrote:That's not just any vintage scoot, that's the semi-elusive Vespa Bluebadge sold by Sears only in '66!
...I sold one of those in restorable condition about a year ago for $300. You tend to give things away to your best friends....and Samantha's the best.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A lot of suspicious content in those Lambretta listings. Buyer beware.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

This is more appropriate. Maybe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Powerspo ... _500wt_897

50cc Buddy in Tempe,AZ