Amerivespa: MB Roll Call, Meetup & Swag Info!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Amerivespa: MB Roll Call, Meetup & Swag Info!

Post by ericalm »

So who's going? Where are you staying? How are you getting there?

The Genuine Love Bus will be there with swag for owners. You'll need a special password to get the freebies. PM me for it!

I'd also like to meet as many MB members that'll be there as I can, as would some of the riders I'll be with. As we get closer to the event, I'll look at the events again and see if we can even just have a little meet & greet. Maybe we can all meet up together before or at the Saturday night event. If you want to swap cell numbers or anything like that, PM me.

We'll have a thread with reports from those of us riding in and at the actual event. If you're anywhere along the coast 7/1 or 7/2 and see the Love Bus chasing a bunch of scooters, be sure and wave. :)
Last edited by ericalm on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Yahooeee! I'm going!!! :helmet: Of course you already knew that... :P

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Yahooeee! I'm going!!! :helmet: Of course you already knew that... :P
Yes. You will not need a password for free stuff because you are on the Tsunami!

Also, I emailed the Vespa SO guys about our extra GTS Super raffle tickets. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ericalm wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:Yahooeee! I'm going!!! :helmet: Of course you already knew that... :P
Yes. You will not need a password for free stuff because you are on the Tsunami!

Also, I emailed the Vespa SO guys about our extra GTS Super raffle tickets. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out. :)
Excellent! We're so totally sure to win now! :lol: I'm sitting here trying to figure out my iPod playlist for the ride. Ordered that same remote as you today. Such a great deal and perfect for the scooter. Thanks for the info.

Nice added bonus today, I had a new project come in that starts tomorrow. Great news but man it's going to be hard to concentrate! I've totally got ride fever!! I am so ready to just pack and go!!! :)

Angela

Post by Angela »

:cry:

stupid accidents. i am so upset with myself.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Angela wrote::cry:

stupid accidents. i am so upset with myself.
Don't be! Heal up and start saving up for a trip or tour next year. Heck, there are plenty of goings on left this summer and fall. How long until you think you'll be riding again?

I must say, a number of people have remarked to me on how well you're handling your crash and how upbeat you sound all things considered. You win our special Hardcore Gold Star.

I have a feeling this trip will embolden us to do some lower-cost touring in the future. I'm seriously thinking we should do a LA » SD weekender in Temecula next spring or early summer to kick off the season. I may just propose such a thing on the SD Meetup Site.
rajron

Post by rajron »

Two of us going – using a trailer to get there – PM sent
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

hmmmm it's 30 whole minutes away from my house, and I'm kinda lazy. :-P

I'll be there for sure, I'll find sometime. We can probably do something after the rides on friday, I know of other groups heading off to kick it then, I'll be on the long ride and we should be back in the mid afternoon at the latest in my opinion. Saturday may have people stuck doing stuff but if anyone wants I can take the group on a quick jaunt up hwy 9 to big basin or to alices (each would take about an hour). I will be leading small groups around santa cruz on sunday after I get my fill of bbq as well and I welcome any of you to join in (It'll be slow paced along the coast, maybe stopping for pictures).

here's pigeon point up the coast

here's big basin

and a cove a bit up the coast
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
Tenchi

I will be there most all days!

Post by Tenchi »

Just look for the 50 year old guy on the blue and gold (not YELLOW, darn it) Kymco Super 8 150. Hey, ENZO, did any of the park rangers catch you off road sitting on your scoot in the heart of that burnt out Sequoia Sempervirens? Always wished I had the guts to do something like that!--By the way, nice pics. Been to the lighthouse and BB many times.
enzomatic

Re: I will be there most all days!

Post by enzomatic »

Tenchi wrote:Just look for the 50 year old guy on the blue and gold (not YELLOW, darn it) Kymco Super 8 150. Hey, ENZO, did any of the park rangers catch you off road sitting on your scoot in the heart of that burnt out Sequoia Sempervirens? Always wished I had the guts to do something like that!--By the way, nice pics. Been to the lighthouse and BB many times.
I didn't get caught, I was a bit cautious too, turned off the scoot, let the exhaust cool a bit, then pushed it in there.
rajron

Post by rajron »

We are heading out to California early in the morning, arriving in the bay the following day:
Hope to see ya all @ Amerivespa!
Those of you riding there, have a good safe trip.
Keep those two wheels on the ground!
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

rajron wrote:We are heading out to California early in the morning, arriving in the bay the following day:
you gotta let me test ride the kitted budd
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

TOOMORRRRRROWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :+!:

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

enzomatic wrote:
rajron wrote:We are heading out to California early in the morning, arriving in the bay the following day:
you gotta let me test ride the kitted budd
We'll have a kitted 125 with us as well. NCY shocks, the whole shebang.
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

I'm still a bit afraid to ask what the dealer would charge for installation, and definitely afraid to try tuning it myself, a test ride will help me decide if it's worth it or if I should just save for an old P or honda MC.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

enzomatic wrote:I'm still a bit afraid to ask what the dealer would charge for installation, and definitely afraid to try tuning it myself, a test ride will help me decide if it's worth it or if I should just save for an old P or honda MC.
Looks likes ours will actually not be coming. The rider's coming on something else.
Tenchi

Post by Tenchi »

I will probably not go on the longer rides, since I've pretty much been a solo rider for the last 30 years (motorcycle days) and don't want to be a hazard to the folks that know how to ride in a group. Know the basics, but a little leery. Will follow with Josh Rogers (glad to see him back in action) up 35 to Alice's (order the thick bacon, drool...and they have a filling station for those of us with little fuel tanks), and will probably go up to Grant's Ranch on Thursday, but not follow through to Mt. Hamilton and Livermore. Those who chose to do so, please remember to bring your cameras! Mt. Hamilton has great views of the Santa Clara Valley, and the observatory dates back to the 1900's. Biggest reflector scope until Mt Palomar.

Wifey, or she who must be obeyed, will be joining me at Amerivespa, in her cage, at the get togethers at Saratoga Springs and the dances. And anyone from Modern Buddy who wants to take Elektra for a little run has my blessings. She's a good girl, even though she isn't one of our Buddies...(okay, bad pun there).
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Tenchi wrote:I will probably not go on the longer rides, since I've pretty much been a solo rider for the last 30 years (motorcycle days) and don't want to be a hazard to the folks that know how to ride in a group. Know the basics, but a little leery...
Hey Tenchi, it would be great to have you on the rides if you feel comfortable. I'm sure you wouldn't be a hazard. I'll help get you up to speed (no pun intended) if you like.

enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

I've got a pretty nice route set up for sunday afternoon in santa cruz for the tourist types, bring your cameras for that as well. I'm still down for a short MB get away on friday or saturday, I'd like to work out a route and such if you have preferences, I still want to keep it tentative because there's already so much going on of course so it can be as simple as sharing a round and toasting bubus, to a nice twisty ride in the redwoods. I'll see you all there, please ride safe, save the theatrics for gymkhana.
rajron

Post by rajron »

on the road, but i checked in on Modern Buddy

enzomatic;
for sure you can try my scooter - see you there
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Heading out… See you guys n Los Gatos!
I'll be starting a ride/rally report thread for all of us to post pics, stories, etc.

w00t!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Really looking forward to meting everyone! Ride safe! See you all there.

HMBscoot

Post by HMBscoot »

i did not register for this event becuase i work on saturdat and sunday but i am off work thursday and friday and would love to meet up with some of you is it too late to get registered ?
MB Member #1832.

2008 buddy 150 Pamplona
2009 Stella 2T "temporarily"
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

You can PM me your # and real name and I can try to remember to call if plans get more concrete.
-enzo
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

HMBscoot wrote:i did not register for this event becuase i work on saturdat and sunday but i am off work thursday and friday and would love to meet up with some of you is it too late to get registered ?
Yup. Registration was just for the full weekend; they just offered a small number of Saturday-only passes, too.

It does look like the evening events Thursday & Friday are open to non-registered riders, though if you can make those:
http://www.amerivespa.org/node/3
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Have a wonderful time, y'all! Safe travels & happy trails to you.

Also, PICK ME UP SOME SCHWAG!!! I will happily trade a Philly rally patch for...something. :bat:
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Rajron, I didn't see you after San Juan Bautista on Friday! Sorry I missed you.

There were several people I know or have swapped emails, twitters, etc. with and who I didn't see or meet. We spent the whole weekend on the go, never at rest. I'd have liked to plan a MB meetup, but spent much of the time trying to get where we needed to be next. Maybe next year… in San Antone!
Laura

Post by Laura »

polianarchy wrote:Have a wonderful time, y'all! Safe travels & happy trails to you.

Also, PICK ME UP SOME SCHWAG!!! I will happily trade a Philly rally patch for...something. :bat:
I have an extra VCoA decal from my rally pack: )
I think It might look a bit funny on my Buddy's.
Laura
All bleeding stops eventually
hackett

Post by hackett »

Just got one of the Genuine t-shirts with the MB url on the back from my dealer. :D
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST