New Mexico >> ScootNM: Deadman Twenty Ten!!!!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rikter Blaksvn

New Mexico >> ScootNM: Deadman Twenty Ten!!!!

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

May 21st-23rd 2010 in Albuquerque New Mexico!!!!!

UPDATE >>> DATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to circumstance beyond our control we have been forced to move location and change the dates!

If this works out New Mexico will become home to two GREAT Scooter Rallies!

ScootNM in May Spring and Camp Scoot in Fall!!

The Deadman Twenty Ten Rally plans include:
  • Two (2) Nights at the Cedro Group Campsite in Cibola National Forest!
  • Food and Drinks at Campsite!
  • Rally Patch, Sticker and Buttons!
  • Rides! Including a fantastic ride on the Turquoise Trail!
  • Santa Fe Brewing Company ~ Brewery Tour!
ITINERARY IS GO!!!!!!

THURSDAY MAY 20th
  • 6pm: Early attendee ride around the Duke City.
  • 9pm: Early attendee meetup over drinks @ TBA
  • No lodging, meals or drinks provided.
FRIDAY MAY 21st
  • 1pm-5pm: Rally meet-up and Rally Pack distribution @ Scoot ABQ!
  • 2pm: Scooter Show+Shine Contest hosted by Scoot ABQ!
  • 5:00pm: Contest Awards!
  • 6:00pm: Evening Ride to the Cedro Campsite! (1-2 Support vehicles provided)
  • 8:30pm: Rally Dinner and Drinks are served! (Burgers and Dogs)
SATURDAY MAY 22nd
  • 6:30-8:30am: Rally Breakfast w/Drinks Coffee, OJ and Water!
  • 9:30am: Ride to Sante Fe via the Turquoise Trail! (150cc 55+ MPH so Ride or Drive)
  • 11am: Tour of Sante Fe Brewing Company and Lunch! (Bring snacks or lunch money)
  • 4pm: Ride to Central Ave. Street Fair with live music!
  • 6pm: Most Battle Scarred Scooter Contest and Dinner hosted by Voodoo Scooters!
  • 8pm: Evening Route 66 Ride back to Campsite!
  • 10pm: Contest Awards and Rally Raffle/Giveaway!
SUNDAY MAY 23rd
  • 6:30-8:30am: Coffee and Bagel Bar
  • 9am: Clean-up and Rollout!
  • See you at ScootNM Twenty Eleven!

RIDE HAPPY!
- D.C.S.C.
Last edited by Rikter Blaksvn on Tue May 04, 2010 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rikter Blaksvn

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

UPDATE: 01/07/2010

- The registration is open AND for a very limited time registration will only be $20!!!
Glen G

Phoenix

Post by Glen G »

Keep me in the loop.. may have some people interested from Phoenix

Glen G., President
Scooter Club of Metro Phoenix
www.meetup.com/phoenix-scooter-club
Rikter Blaksvn

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

RALLY UPDATE

PLEASE note the DATE CHANGE!!!!

May 21st-23rd 2010 are the new dates!
Rikter Blaksvn

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

The patches look AWESOME and they will Glow in the Dark :)

Special props to Troy for the ill design!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Sweet artwork on the poster and patches. Heck I want to go just to get one!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Rikter Blaksvn

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

ITINERARY IS GO!!!!!!
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I'm thinking about coming up for this rally. A couple of questions:
1. From where does the rally start? What city?
2. Will there be a truck(s) taking camping equipment to the camp site or does everything need to fit onto the scooter?
3. Would it be possible to drive to the campsite and scoot from there?

Thanks
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Rikter Blaksvn

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

Howardr wrote:I'm thinking about coming up for this rally. A couple of questions:
1. From where does the rally start? What city?
2. Will there be a truck(s) taking camping equipment to the camp site or does everything need to fit onto the scooter?
3. Would it be possible to drive to the campsite and scoot from there?

Thanks
1. Albuquerque, New Mexico
2. Yes
3. Yes
Rikter Blaksvn

Post by Rikter Blaksvn »

UPDATE: 05/04/2010
  • A family friendly campsite is a now available!
Blaksvn

Post by Blaksvn »

See you all in the afternoon if your coming out!

RIDE HAPPY!!!!!
Richard
D.C.S.C. & ScootNM.com
Blaksvn

Post by Blaksvn »

Originally Posted on ScootNM.com 05/24/2010 -

Well it is the day after the rally and I still feel so beat down that I am actually missing the English Beat Show tonight but at the same time, I feel frakin great about the way the weekend worked out!

The day started of in a very interesting way that included a brutal car accident whose details are so gruesome that even I block it out of my mind (Crap! FAST! Think! palette cleanser > cute little kittens or something!) However, I digress. We acquired the Cedro campsites keys and rolled up to the site to prepare it for the event as we were in the process of unlocking the toilets when the campsite host rolled up on a Honda Ruckus to greet us which Rayna and I took as a good omen

The Friday meet up turnout at Scoot ABQ was great and the Show and Shine was a blast! Carlos and Mark went out of their way to make everyone feel at home with goodies a raffle drawing for all of the attendees.

The evening ride to the site was fun and without incident! When we arrived at the campsite Troy and John had burgers, dogs and the kegs were flowing albeit a bit foamy but I believe that everyone had their fill of grub and brew. The night ended nicely with the loving help of the fermented wonderfulness that the Il Vicino Taproom, The Santa Fe Brewing Company and SKA BREWING so generously sponsored the rally.

I toasted the dawning of a beautiful New Mexico morning with a toast or maybe three with a great friend (You are solid Jeff!), Illsabeth then started the day off with a great breakfast setup, shortly after I awoke from a brief nap I gathered up the attendees for the Turquoise Trails. The ride up to Santa Fe was fantastic but sadly, the dining experience at the Bar & Grill was lacking (they did try to make it better) but the folks at the Santa Fe Brewery did turn that experience around by welcoming us with pint filled but very open arms!

The ride back to the campsite was not as much fun with the insane 60+ MPH winds [FYI - The windy afternoon was thoroughly typical for springtime in New Mexico] but the dinner hosted at VooDoo Scooters made the day look normal in comparison! Ralph and the other neighborhood shop owners were severely bummed out when a member of the retail community shutdown the planned street fair and shows. Ralph did do his best to amend that by hosting the bands and dinner in his tiny shop but he marched on with the conviction of a man possessed! Aside from the interesting mingling of Central Ave. regulars, we had a good dinner of what could possibly be the world's best spaghetti I have ever eaten at a scooter shop - Ralph we salute you!

I was told that the ride back was great (I missed this ride as I needed to drive the raffle prizes to the site) and Kyle setup a stellar nacho bar for the evenings raffle drawing and again the three flowing taps helped facilitate the relatively smooth evening. Lots of folks got their hands on some great prizes include some hot little scooter calendars. Sadly, we lost an attendee (for the night not for good) to food poisoning from lunch around this time. The remainder of the night was rather entertaining and again I found myself up until near dawn but before I crawled into my sleeping bag I was able to take a moment and toast the majesty and unbound glory of the Milky Way which I truly only see anymore at rallies and driving trips.

Sunday morning went smooth; after some breakfast the site was packed, cleaned and everyone rolled out safe and sound just before 11am.

I really want to say thanks to everyone that came out to the rally and a huge THANK YOU to all of our sponsors who helped make this a wonderful weekend.

Somehow, we pulled off our first rally.

- Richard
D.C.S.C. and ScootNM.com
rajron

Post by rajron »

I’ve been lurking on this one – already planned something else during that weekend otherwise I would have at the least rode up with you all to the camp-site – will be keeping an eye out for the next one in a year, glad the first rally was a success.