Slayin' The Dragon 2010

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BoneGirl

Slayin' The Dragon 2010

Post by BoneGirl »

Me and Lagerhead are heading down to North Carolina Memorial Weekend (Thursday through Monday) if anyone else is interested. We have some ScooterCincinnati folks joining us already. I'm staying in the Fontana Village Campground and others are staying at the Iron Horse Campground and the Microtel in Robbinsville, NC.

Just thought I'd post it in case any of you happen to be around Deal's Gap that weekend.
BoneGirl

One Month to Go!

Post by BoneGirl »

The offer still stands for anyone wanting to hook up with us Memorial Weekend at The Dragon. We are going to slay as much as possible in the 4 days we are down there. I'll be staying at The Fontana Village Campground. Others are in Robbinsville at the Microtel and still others in the Iron Horse Motorcycle Campground.

Snooze you loose because this place rocks.

BoneGirl

What? No takers?

Post by BoneGirl »

I can't believe of all the people on this Forum I didn't get a response from anyone. Oh, well, we leave Thursday morning and I can't wait to hit the curves. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.
db

Post by db »

I would love to go but work thursday and friday, off sat-mon but the scoot is down for upgrades. :D
BoneGirl

Honey, we're home!

Post by BoneGirl »

I was disappointed more of you couldn't go with us but we had the time of our lives and I know Dave did for sure! We took him on an 11-mile unexpected gravel/mud road that I think he enjoyed more than anything! Rode the Dragon a ton and enjoyed the most scenic rides and days. Managed to make it to Killboy's "Friend" list which means I don't have to search through hundreds of photos looking for the ones he took of me; I just have to look thru his "Friends" folder! How sweet is that?! Dave would come 25 miles from Robbinsville Microtel every morning and be at our campsite at 8:30am. We would hit the road early, eat breakfast at The Dragon Pub and Grill and off we would ride those 318 curves before all the loud pipe people showed up! Then we would explore. Rain was spotty so we would just take along raingear just in case; depending on which side of the mountains you were on, you could get a drizzle or two hours of rain. Ben got hammered one day while me and Dave went to Gatlinburg and we got nothing. But we ended up getting about 20 minutes of rain just as we were hitting the grave/road...er...mud road now.

Great trip. Here is the link to my pics and a link to our website where Ben and Dave posted more pictures and movies.

http://scooterscincinnati.freeforums.or ... -t865.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78266126@N ... 215965920/
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

oh my god I am so jealous. It sounds like you had an awesome time. Maybe someday when my kid is a bit older and my bank account is a bit more robust (gotta stop buying new scooters) I too will be able to have awesome scooter adventures like yours. Until then I'm stuck riding the tail of the commute to work :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
BoneGirl

Honda shI

Post by BoneGirl »

Jason, I test rode the Honda and was seriously thinking about purchasing one when I received the Black Jack from genuine. FREE is hard to beat so never did buy the Honda. I wasn't crazy about the colors, either, and that was going to be extra money getting it painted. But the huge tires, air cooled, etc etc etc were awesome features on the Honda. I will say I needed a little more power so the extra 25cc on the Black Jack from the 125cc had made a big difference. (Man! I hijacked my own thread! :P )
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

WOW, I just spent my lunch hour at my desk watching your slide show on flicker. Awesome. So many of those photos are frameable! Now, with Taco Bell percolating in my gut and the desire to go RIDE somewhere, anywhere, I have to get back to work. :cry:

Everybody in your photos is smiling. If you had half as much fun as your photos show you had then.... :D . Now I have a new destination. Thanks for sharing Bonegirl.