South SF Bay Meet-up?

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

C2

South SF Bay Meet-up?

Post by C2 »

Hey all,

I've noticed that there are a few of us from San Jose, Mt View, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara on here. I just wanted to see what people thought of perhaps having a meet-up one of these days? Maybe a breakfast some place?

I'm open to any an all suggestions.

Cheers,
C2
C2

Post by C2 »

29 views and no comments? I'll take that as a "No." LOL!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm moving the thread to the rallies & events section. May get more attention there.

I know of lots of riders in the Bay Area!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kamikazegirl

Post by kamikazegirl »

I think my fiance and I would like to meet-up! I'll bug him about it :) Sundays are usually good for us - that's our normal scooter to breakfast day.
C2

Post by C2 »

ericalm wrote:I'm moving the thread to the rallies & events section. May get more attention there.

I know of lots of riders in the Bay Area!
Thanks Eric... I totally forgot about posting to that section... DOH!

Cheers,
C2
C2

Post by C2 »

kamikazegirl wrote:I think my fiance and I would like to meet-up! I'll bug him about it :) Sundays are usually good for us - that's our normal scooter to breakfast day.
Well.. it may just be the three of us.. but I'm game. Just let me know when and where works for you two!

Cheers,
C2
carlosfm

Finally!

Post by carlosfm »

I have been combing the web for a san jose scooter meet up. we are lone riders it feels like. Im new to scooter riding so i don't know of a good location for riding but count me in!
Tenchi

Try Highway 130 up to Mt. Hamilton!

Post by Tenchi »

You can take Alum Rock Avenue east (Santa Clara becomes Alum Rock) and take a right onto the highway. It's a nice, curvy ride you can take at a leisurely pace, and can stop off at Grant's Ranch on the way up for a short breather. Once you hit the summit, you can check out Lick Observatory. If you stay on the main drag past the observatory, you will eventually hit the town of Patterson, in the central valley. There is NO GAS on the way, so top off your tank or bring some extra in the pet carrier. Oh, and the ground squirrels will give you the opportunity to practice avoidance maneuvers...they cross the road when they hear a scooter coming, or so I hear.
carlosfm

Post by carlosfm »

Well there goes my Sunday. Thanks for the advise sounds Like a nice ride