Plan-a-Ride: Ride and Rally search engine

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilBahumut

Plan-a-Ride: Ride and Rally search engine

Post by EvilBahumut »

*This isn't meant to be spammy, so please let me know if I piss anyone off!*

I'm trying to help out some friends who've designed/still are designing this ride search engine called www.PlanARide.com .

The idea is that if you're looking to meet up with someone(s) on a ride or meetup or whatever, you can search or browse the site, find what interests you and go. Or, if nothing is on the schedule, schedule it yourself and see who decides to meet up.

I understand that a lot of rides are pretty informal and unscheduled, but we're just trying to find a fix for the problems that we've always had with wanting to go ride and getting confused as to who was wanting to go and when and blah blah.

We've been busy trying to add events and rides into it as we discover them and I decided to add a few scoot rallies into the mix. I already added in AmeriVespa http://bit.ly/gAFIoU And am looking for more.

If you don't mind taking the time, let me know what's coming up so I can populate the site, or if you want, join in and do it yourself (it only costs you time).

Thanks for letting troll around a bit and bother y'all! If you're on Modern Vespa, you'll probably see this post up there too, so fair warning to those who get easily upset. :roll:

Thanks again,

-Keith
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Very nice looking site. Seems to be well organized with information links. Could be worth using in 2011.
EvilBahumut

Post by EvilBahumut »

Thanks. It has some quirks, but I think the potential is definitely there. The more folks use the site, the more they can tweak it to suit everyone's needs. I'm hoping it helps everyone out quite a bit after this winter season thaws into spring.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Check the calendar on scoot.net. Most of the big rallies are posted there.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
EvilBahumut

Post by EvilBahumut »

ericalm wrote:Check the calendar on scoot.net. Most of the big rallies are posted there.
Thanks Eric