Spring Fling in San Antonio Tx May 1st

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tam Tam

Spring Fling in San Antonio Tx May 1st

Post by Tam Tam »

who'll be riding in the Spring Fling? This is the 10th ride.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
hackett

Post by hackett »

Always during the middle of finals. :cry:

Maybe this year, though. Depends on how badly I'll need to study. :\
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

i too need to study :x why cant they just have it in early april right after mid finals lol
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Where is the details on this ride?

How long is it?

How many days is it?

Does it cost money - if so what is included?
Tam Tam

Spring fling details are at-

Post by Tam Tam »

Check out 'The Motorcycle Shop' San Antonio website for all the details. I think the cost is $13, but it has a whole list of activities and stuff on the website.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

I've missed the past 2 years, in 09, it was ridiculously 30mph winds windy, last year I believe it rained so I hope to make it this year and nudge the bf to come with me...IF he's not to busy with finals
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

r0sa wrote:I've missed the past 2 years, in 09, it was ridiculously 30mph winds windy, last year I believe it rained so I hope to make it this year and nudge the bf to come with me...IF he's not to busy with finals
AH HAH! i will do my best so we can make it to this!
tedsesr

Can You Map It Out For Me??

Post by tedsesr »

Any chance you can provide us with a map of the Rally ride :?:
Last edited by tedsesr on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
tedsesr

Stone Oak Rider Looking For Buddy Riders !!

Post by tedsesr »

Is anyone in the Stone Oak area (San Antonio) riding the Spring Fling?? Let me know if you want to Buddy up !!
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

1/2 a month awayyy
devojones

Post by devojones »

Rode the route last night with Jason and about 9 other scoots. This is gonna be a blast! For more info go here: http://themotorcycleshopsa.com/?p=1182.
devojones

Post by devojones »

P.S. The weather was fabulous last year!
tedsesr

Route map?

Post by tedsesr »

Do you have a map of the route?
devojones

Post by devojones »

I don't got it. Jason might have something at the shop. When we went on the ride a few weeks ago we met up with the group at Evans and Look Out because we weren't able to meet up with them at the shop. From their we headed up Evans to TPC Parkway to Smithson Valley Rd to Bulverde, down 281 for like a second then into Overlook Parkway. From there we wound around Stone Oak for a bit and ended up at Blue Star.

Fortunately, my old lady has an insane sense of direction and says she remembers the whole route, so I don't plan on getting lost. There should be several others that know the route. I think there were nine with us the night we went. Additionally, I know Jason went on a second trip last night as well, so I doubt there is much of a chance of people getting lost, but really isn't that the fun of being on a scooter - getting lost? :D
tedsesr

Have A Rider With...

Post by tedsesr »

My 10 year old is riding with me. My wife wanted to know what route we would be taking just in case she has to meet us along the way should something come up.
devojones

Post by devojones »

I know there are a couple of stops along the route one on Evans and one in the stone oak area. I'd recommend calling Jason at the shop. He might be able to get some directions. IIRC there may have been a print out given the day of last year. Number for TMC: (210) 654-0211.
All right for you
hackett

Post by hackett »

Fantastic time. Really glad I went.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Tam Tam

awesome, possum

Post by Tam Tam »

Had a great time, saw some old friends, made a few new ones, and a very cool guy on a Morphous let my girlfriend ride 2up (as my blackjack only seats one) she got a lotta good photos of everyone!!!

...and won a scooter cover in the raffle!!!!

Now, she really digs scootin....and so when she learns to ride, she'll take the Blackjack, and I'll take the Stella!!!

yay!!!!! she digs scootin!!!!