Explore your inner strength

Post by Scootermeister »

Attachments
2012 Salton Sea Poster - Small.JPG
2012 Salton Sea Poster - Small.JPG (120.47 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Scootermeister

Second Annual Salton Sea T.T. 396-Mile Endurance Rally

Post by Scootermeister »

My how the time passes when you're having fun. We already have commitments from racers who rode the first one. Their suggestions will be followed. Counter-clockwise this time! No 40 mph headwinds! Less checkpoints.

:lol:
Scootermeister

Second Annual Salton Sea T.T. 375-Mile X-Treme Endurance

Post by Scootermeister »

In light of Tom Wheeler's stunning 1st Place Overall Win at Hell's Loop on his Kymco People T2 50cc, MSILSF will be running two classes at the Secnd Annual Salton Sea T.T. 396-Mile X-Treme Endurance Race, March 25th 2012. Class I: 50cc to 249cc; Class II: 250cc to 650cc. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall trophies will be awarded in both classes. No restrictions on engine modifications, but no turbos, nitro, or NOX.
Attachments
2012 Salton Sea Cog.JPG
2012 Salton Sea Cog.JPG (56.99 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Scootermeister

Scootermeister's Blog

Post by Scootermeister »

Hell's Loop 375-Mile X-Treme Endurance Race

Hell's Loop and Tom Wheeler's stunning 1st Overall/1st Place 50cc win is STILL on my mind! It should be on every scooter racer's mind. Tom was celebrating his 73rd birthday on race day. I raced grand prix motorcycles (and sidecars) as an AMA/FIM pro for 20 years. I had factory rides with Bultaco, Kawasaki, and Harley. When I worked at Yamaha Corp, I rode out the back door on a Mel Dennison tuned "TZ". My credentials are intact. In my opinion Tom's win was by far the most impressive racing victory I've EVER seen. There are a few scooter folks who are too f'n dumb to understand, but the racers who competed in Hell's Loop get it only too well. Hell's Loop was an extraordinarily demanding race -- far beyond ANY scooter track event held in the US, and more demanding than any other known scooter endurance race here. Finishing this race was a major achievement! Racing DOES improve the breed. All of us who competed learned much, and have been sharing data that should prove extremely useful at the Second Annual Salton Sea T.T. 396-Mile X-Treme Endurance Race on March 25th 2012.

In all likelihood MSILSF will sanction the Mother of All Endurance Races in 2013. Participation in events such as Hell's Loop and Salton Sea will be a prerequisite to entry in the Grand Finale.

Scootermeister

ps

We're commissioning a new Isle of Man T.T. type trophy for the overall finishing positions at the Second Annual Salton Sea T.T. 396-Mile X-Treme Endurance Race. It'll be a keeper!

pps

Assuming we get sufficient entries, Salton Sea T.T. will be divided in to the following classes with overall finishing position trophies being awarded in each class:

Class I: 50cc to 100cc
Class II: 101cc to 175cc
Class III: 176cc to 300cc
Class IV: 301cc through 650cc

Please consider entering asap so we can make this race a huge success. Please go to www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org to enter.

Alan Spears, Esq., President/CEO
Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation
525 "B" Street, Suite 1500, San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 852-6985 ~ Fax: (619) 425-7368 ~ msilsf@yahoo.com
www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org

Event Calendar:
Second Annual Salton Sea T.T. 396-Mile X-Treme Endurance, Brawley, CA, March 25th 2012
Lake Tahoe 360-Mile Endurance Rally, South Lake Tahoe, CA, May 12/13th 2012

MSILSF proudly donates 10% of all entry and license fees to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Attachments
Tom Wheeler with 1st Overall Trophy.JPG
Tom Wheeler with 1st Overall Trophy.JPG (45 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Tom Wheeler winning Hell's Loop.JPG
Tom Wheeler winning Hell's Loop.JPG (78.92 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Glen G

Arizona

Post by Glen G »

Brother, when you get something going in Arizona we'll get you a TON of people... I'll even help out... Just let me know.

Glen G
President, Scooter Club of Metro Phoenix & Fatcatscooter.com