Portland Oregon, 10/17-22/2011???

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lilbluescoot

Portland Oregon, 10/17-22/2011???

Post by Lilbluescoot »

Hi!

I'll be staying in Portland Monday 10/17 through Saturday 10/22 and I reallllly don't want to rent a car, I'd much rather scoot! I've got a Stella that I'm used to, and my friend is used to a her '72 Vespa - we're just looking for something available in Portland to get us from our condo to a massage convention that will be about 4 miles away each day.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to rent from, or do you have one I could rent?
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I hate renting cars too, and took several business trips to Seattle. I was able to do public transit for the entire trip, and it was VERY efficient, I've read that Portlands MAX light rail and bus system is even more available, even with a rail stop @ PDX. Just takes a little pre-planning, even a scooter rental isn't cheap.
Lilbluescoot

Post by Lilbluescoot »

Yah I know PDX's transportation system totally rocks! It's not so much of a "need" as a selfish "want". I'm kinda on this kick to ride a scooter everywhere I end up, even if it's a lil pricey.
I found this place: http://www.columbiascooters.com/rental.htm but and might end up going with them, I'm just checkin' to see what else might be out there. :D Thanks!