Founders Ride

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lilguy

Founders Ride

Post by lilguy »

Scooters Go Green here in Boston is hosting a Founders Ride on October 29th at 1pm. Anyone in the area should definitely come out to meet the Founder & President of Genuine Scooters and join for the ride and dinner. Yes that's right, we will be riding and hanging out with Phil. He's also paying for dinner :D

ALL GENUINE SCOOTER OWNERS/RIDERS WILL EAT FOR FREE!

We will meet at SGG and then ride over to Cambridge to eat at Fire & Ice. It will most definitely be the largest ride of the season.

RSVP with SGG

I hope to meet some MB members there!
MYSCTR

GENUINE SCOOTERS – SCOOTERS GO GREEN

Post by MYSCTR »

WHO: ALL GENUINE SCOOTER OWNERS

WHAT: “FOUNDERS DAY RIDE” in appreciation to all GENUINE SCOOTER OWNERS

WHEN: October, 29th 2011 (Saturday)

WHERE: Ride Leaving from Scooters Go Green at 1:30pm with free dinner at Fire & Ice in Harvard Square at 3:00pm

RIDE DETAILS:

http://www.scootersgogreen.com/uncatego ... -go-green/
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

"Get your Buddy, Stella, R50, or Rattler prepped, waxed, and shined for Saturday"

Cool, I don't have to wax my Blur :)

If its not raining, I'll be there...
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

Looks like it will be raining, and cold, with possible snow even. :(

I was looking forward to it too.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Looks like fun but I'll be at a Camp-and-Ride in CT. Is it really supposed to snow already? Maybe I need to stud-up.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I am working...AND too far away. But, if you are anywhere close that is not to be missed. Go out even if its cold. Just gear up! nTake pics!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

viney266 wrote:I am working...AND too far away. But, if you are anywhere close that is not to be missed. Go out even if its cold. Just gear up! nTake pics!
Cold is one thing. Rain + cold, or worse, snow, is quite another, and enough to make the whole thing quite unpleasant.
kooky scientist

Post by kooky scientist »

I'm in and taking fotos for Scooter-Go-Green. If the ride gets canceled due to weather then the meal is still on. I'll just take the train in to Boston...
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

kooky scientist wrote:I'm in and taking fotos for Scooter-Go-Green. If the ride gets canceled due to weather then the meal is still on. I'll just take the train in to Boston...
Meal even without the ride? Oh sweet!

Only been to Fire & Ice twice, last time was several years ago. Interested to try it again.
kooky scientist

Post by kooky scientist »

I think the meal is OK only if you RSVP and the ride is definitely canceled due to weather. So RSVP with SGG and you are reserved. The weather report for Sat. keeps changing every day so who knows what will happen.
Gleng

Wow

Post by Gleng »

Phil actually responds to your emails... damn, I can't even get they guy to answer a tweet. But, who am I... ;-(
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

The weather was awful, but the ride was excellent. I had so much fun touring around Boston with fellow scooter "buddies".

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Hopefully Scooters Go Green will have more group rides.

Thank you to all who came an attended! Thanks to Scooters Go Green and Phillip McCaleb for organizing a really fun day!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ Thats the spirit...crap weather and a great ride :)

So I guess you guys were spaired the snow for long enough to ride? Do tell
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

viney266 wrote:^^^ Thats the spirit...crap weather and a great ride :)

No snow till the following day...

Picture a harley biker gang weaving through busy city traffic without care, between cars, down the bike lane, ignoring red lights, just basically going where ever they wanted without care.

Now that you have that mental image, replace the biker gang with a bunch of nuts on scooters.

That's pretty much what it was, and it was a blast ;)

Hopefully Monica got home ok, myself and another guy rode with her most of the way as her scooter seemed to die at every stop light...
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

omniphil wrote:

Picture a harley biker gang weaving through busy city traffic without care, between cars, down the bike lane, ignoring red lights, just basically going where ever they wanted without care.

Now that you have that mental image, replace the biker gang with a bunch of nuts on scooters.

Seriously? I'm glad I didn't go then. Ignoring red-lights is a step too far, and a great way to get killed. I'd have been left behind.
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

Well that was the mental imagine I wanted you to have. We stopped as a group at red lights, after dinner there were only 3 of us in our "group" and 2 of those scooters were having issues stalling coming to stops, so at some red lights we looked both ways and snuck through when there were no cars.
ed85379 wrote:
omniphil wrote:

Seriously? I'm glad I didn't go then. Ignoring red-lights is a step too far, and a great way to get killed. I'd have been left behind.