Wrightwood Ride-5/19/12-----6th year!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

teacherquinn

Wrightwood Ride-5/19/12-----6th year!

Post by teacherquinn »

So, it's that time to put us on your ride calendar again. Any and all scooters and bikes. Probably should be at least 150cc to climb the mountains... but we always get a 125cc Buddy in the ride and they do great. I've done it with my butt on a Pamplona.

We'll leave from the bank parking lot in Wrightwood around 9:30 on May 19th. The route is pretty much the same as last year. Wrightwood to Arrowhead to Big Bear and back to Wrightwood. Lunch in Bear. Return to WW around dusk. Weather should be warm. We'll post more details as we get closer but I wanted to get our date out there. Hope to see you!
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hell yes.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Nice! We've had a very dry winter so I hope we don't get a late snow. Remember we had snow the morning after the ride last year?
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

In the A.M.?
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Drum Pro wrote:In the A.M.?
Yes. We usually meet at 9:00am and get on the road by 9:30am. The route is about 140 miles so we need to get an early start. You should join us!
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Here's the route for the ride. Feel free to print it. We drove it today and the road is in great condition. We'll leave on time from WW at 9:30. If you've never been...meet-up is the parking lot between the two banks on Highway 2. Gas up at the mini mart. We'll only stop for gas in Big Bear at 73 miles. The route is 145-150 miles.

Wear sunglasses or bring a tinted visor as we're in the sun on the home stretch. Be sure your brakes and tires are in good shape. Although the road is fairly debris free it's quite technical on the twisties, both up and down the mountain. We'll have a back up truck with cold water.

See y'all soon!

http://g.co/maps/kg9cb
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America