Poppy Preserve ride today..

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tom

Poppy Preserve ride today..

Post by Tom »

Was a great ride, met lots of cool folks from my area and others. HOT day, but great time.

I'm actually posting this because I'm curious about the LA scooter group- sounds like you guys had a little trouble? I talked to Eric for a second (multitasking as I got gas) and it sounded like two bikes fell out, and a third went down.

Mostly posting this to see if everybody is ok.. :?:
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Nah, nothing so dramatic though it was an eventful day. First, it was a great day, beautiful riding, unfortunately a total lack of poppies this season, but such a great days ride the poppies were secondary to begin with. There were a couple minor events. We had two scooters with mechanical failure early in the day so we had to get them taken care of, another scooter blew a rear tire and needed a tow, and one scooter slipped on some gravel which caused another scooter to nearly go down while trying to avoid the one that slipped. No damage. All scooters and all riders finished the ride except for the three who had mechanical issues.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Tom

Post by Tom »

Good to hear it. Yeah, more poppies on the ride up than at the preserve, but it was a great ride from our side too.