East Coast Classic: May 31-June 2, Wildwood NJ

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BootScootin'FireFighter

East Coast Classic: May 31-June 2, Wildwood NJ

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

http://www.theeastcoastclassic.com/

Rooms are going fast! This is a huge cooperative scooter rally organized by several clubs in the NE and Mid Atlantic region. Come out for the weekend and enjoy the best of the Jersey Shore, still open for business and stronger than ever! Great rides, events, and all the boardwalk amusements have to offer.

Group ride from DC (155 miles) will be leaving Friday morning, crossing the Bay Bridge and catching the ferry from Lewes, Delaware. PM me for those details.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I'll be there!. My family has a Condo in Cape May...Bringing a few from the TMISC along for the ride ;)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I plan to do my first long ride on my CH80 if I haven't found a bigger scoot by then. I think the biggest challenge for me will be crossing the Commodore Barry bridge on a 80cc scoot.

I'll be just staying for the day Saturday. As a newbie, I am looking forward to this -

RT.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
BootScootin'FireFighter

RoaringTodd wrote:I plan to do my first long ride on my CH80 if I haven't found a bigger scoot by then. I think the biggest challenge for me will be crossing the Commodore Barry bridge on a 80cc scoot.

I'll be just staying for the day Saturday. As a newbie, I am looking forward to this -

RT.
sounds good Todd, we'll have to meet up. I'm at the Oceanic in one of the cottages. It'll be my first ECC rally. The CB bridge should be easy, at least there's a passing lane each way. One of my biggest pucker factor moments was the approach to the Walt Whitman Bridge going to Philadelphia. I was on the Buddy 125 merging onto I-76 from US-130 and had to get all the way over from right to left to make the split. Cars were passing me at around 80 in all directions... good times!
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Life
sounds good Todd, we'll have to meet up.
Just got word. A scheduling conflict will prevent me from being a part of the day's festivities. I was so looking forward to this. :x

One day I will just have to ride to Wildwood by myself, just for the fun of it. It would be a pleasure to meet other MB members in the area sometime.

RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Not sure yet, though likely I won't be able to make it again this year....
But would sure like if someone could send me a 'T'-shirt.

I will however attempt to be in attendance at the 'Mid-Atlantic Spring New Holland' two weeks before as it is generally local to me.
http://www.midatlanticscoot.com/
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
viney266

Post by viney266 »

NEXT weekend folks. A good event. I'll be there:)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

viney266 wrote:NEXT weekend folks. A good event. I'll be there:)
We are in too.
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I know that this is somewhat last minute, but I am going to ECC, and I just found out that I don't have a room. My club's two rooms were full from the get go, I was waiting on a friend who kept saying 'my wife probably doesn't want to come, so I'll have room for you, lemme get back to you'... when he finally got back to me this morning he said his room's full.

Normally, considering that I typically consider myself as requiring a certain minimum level of comfort, I would just not go... I didn't make it last year, so I don't know what I'm missing yet.
However, I have debated and waited for a month, telling myself that there was no way I would drive to NJ just a few weeks before I was due up there for ECC anyway. It's still available. Eeeeeee.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/3732361728.html

So, I can't /not/ go to NJ. If I am in NJ, one hour from Wildwood, there's no good reason not to be at ECC.
So, right now I have 2 plans:

Plan A: Go up to NJ with my club on Friday, look at/possibly buy that Buddy in Williamstown, then stay Fri night in Williamstown. Drive to Wildwood and sleep in my car Sat night. I would miss out on all Fri night shenanigans, but get a good nights sleep in a bed.

Plan B: Go up to NJ, look at/possibly buy the Buddy, drive to Wildwood, sleep in my car all weekend and bug my club every time I need a shower or the bathroom. Lots of pillows in my car are involved in this plan.

UNLESS... any of you have extra space in your room. I don't know how I feel about rooming with strangers, but if it's somebody from MB I think I'll be okay.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Julie and I will be splitting one of the villas with KJ, but you're more than welcome to use our facilities. We're also staying until Monday to enjoy the extra day on the beach. Hotels.com shows the "Dawn & Nova Motel" averaging $83 a night as being available. I'd give them a call, they're 3 blocks from the Oceanic. Showing 1 room left there as of 10pm Monday.