Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jimmbomb

Missouri Loves Company Scooter Rally in St Louis October 11t

Post by jimmbomb »

https://www.facebook.com/events/295407523929051

Missouri Loves Company Scooter Rally in St Louis October 11th-13th 2013

another link http://www.molovescorally.com/

Come one and come all

Please check the web pages and for more info.
Thanks...
Attachments
MoLovesCoFlyer-01.png
MoLovesCoFlyer-01.png (111.02 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
Last edited by jimmbomb on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I'm registered. Sounds like fun, esp. the wine country in October!
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Jana

Post by Jana »

Sounds like fun! I have my college reunion that weekend, so not sure if I can do both. I could clone myself, I guess. ;)
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Not registered yet but I got the invite from Mike (with a Y).
Planning on being there :)
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

iMoses - you coming to town?
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

PeteH wrote:iMoses - you coming to town?
Yes, I'll be there... I've registered and found a room at the rally hotel to sleep in!
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

A bit of a rally/ride report :) :

All told, a fantastic time this past weekend. The weather was largely perfect, and the rides on Friday and Saturday were great fun. Big thanks to the 30Days Scooter Gang for their sponsorship and management of the event.

Registration Friday evening was at Urban Chestnut Brewing, where the 30Days gang provided some food to go along with the Oktoberfest beer. Following registration, there was a choice of two night rides, one 'respectable' and one ... not. The 'not' ride involved gravel, railroad tracks, and 'only one or two jumps'. I chickened out and took the ride through South St. Louis, otherwise known as 'showing out-of-town visitors a small piece of our four-way-stop collection'. Both rides ended up at the local-famous frozen custard joint on Historic Route 66, and our rally bags included a coupon for a tasty treat. Since the baseball and hockey games were still going on, there was plenty of room in the parking lot to line up the scoots, about 40 total. After-party at a local watering hole, but I passed as I had to be up (and sober) at 0100 for some work stuff.

Saturday morning dawned a bit drizzly with wet streets. I rode over to the breakfast/ride start at Taylor Motorsports. The rides were supposed to kick off at 10:00, but we left closer to 11:00 to give the skies a chance to clear and the streets a chance to dry. Rather than the three local microbrewery-themed scavenger hunt short rides, I opted for the long country ride out to Augusta in Missouri's wine country, planned at 150 miles or so for the day. Lotsa twisties and hills getting there. The 30Days prez led the long ride on a BMW 650 super-scoot lent to the rally by Gateway BMW. There were about 13 of us: two Buddys (150 and 170), a couple of SH150s, two MP3-250s, a P200E, buncha big Vespas, etc. My 150 was the smallest in the fleet. I held up my end, though, and stayed nicely in the pack, even on the hills. I did, though, use _all_ of the 150cc at times. One gent on a Yamaha dropped out at a potty stop, as his newly-installed giant fuel tank developed a leak. Fortunately we had a sag-wagon pickup truck w/trailer to pick him up.

After a really nice lunch at a resort in New Haven (with its own microbrewery, if you haven't already guessed the theme), we changed the return route a bit for speed, heading back to town on some quicker state roads (and a bit of Interstate to cross the Missouri river back into town), ending at Widman Motorsports for the gymkhana games. I was pretty beat by then (having been up at zero-dark-thirty), so I rolled home for a short rest.

That evening, the festivities resumed at 9:30 at Square One Brewing/Distillery. Moto Italia had sponsored a private room and food, so most everyone showed up to the party. There were a good bunch of raffle items, and I came away with a few goodies. The Leadership thought long and hard about the award for Best Classic - although lotsa classics showed up for the short rides and just hanging out, the gent from Memphis took the P200E on the long ride without it melting down. The club awarded him the prize for actually _riding_ the snot out of his P.

Good time had by all.