San Francisco Sept 13-14 Scooter Rally for Everybody

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lau7renharp

San Francisco Sept 13-14 Scooter Rally for Everybody

Post by lau7renharp »

The San Francisco Scooter Girls invite YOU to join in our upcoming rally!

If you're keeping track, this will be rally #6 for us, and, after 10 years as an active club, we're having a "senior moment" and dropping the usual "So Far So Good" rally name. Oddly enough, we didn't even discuss this change! It just happened organically!

We’ve planned two fun-filled days, culminating in a BINGO game with fabulous prizes generously donated from VespaSF, Corazzo, GoGo Gear, Dainese and BMW SF. SFSG members also contributed to the prize pool: among other prizes, BINGO players will have a chance to win the much-loved, original and sentimental favorite Honda "Killing Spree!"

As with most of our events, this rally is open to everybody, riding modern or vintage scooters, of any gender. Our two group rides will be fairly technical, with steep hills and sharp turns and such. We recommend 125cc's or higher (sorry, Killing Spree).

Here's the schedule:

Saturday Sept 13
9:30am meet at Java Beach Cafe, 1396 La Playa St, between Judah and Iriving, by Ocean Beach in San Francisco, for bagels and coffee. Please arrive gassed up.

LONG ADVENTURE RIDE
10:30am Adventure ride leaves from Java Beach Cafe.
Noon: We will stop in Woodside, at the crossroads of Tunitas Creek Road and Skyline Blvd, to meet up with South Bay friends.

1:30pm Lunch in Davenport--riders will have a choice of 3 spots to have lunch.
5pm is when we expect to be back in San Francisco, but if the ride runs long, we’ll end at the Buckshot Bar and Gameroom for evening drinks and more.

Saturday Sept 13 – EVENING SOCIAL
6pm meet at the Buckshot Bar and Gameroom for Skee Ball and eats and drinks. 3848 Geary Blvd @3rd Avenue, San Francisco.

Sunday Sept 14
10am meet at Sugar Lump Coffee Lounge, 2862 24th Street b/t Florida and Bryant, for bagels and coffee!

CITY ADVENTURE RIDE
11am ride leaves from Sugarlump. Please arrive gassed up. Ride ends around 1pm at Pig & Whistle, 2801 Geary at Wood St., for beer, bites, bingo and prizes galore!

Sunday Sept 14 AFTERNOON SOCIAL & BINGO
1pm meet at the Pig & Whistle for for beer, bites, bingo and prizes galore! Don’t miss this! We have loads of prizes, including the Killing Spree!
Venue: Pig & Whistle , 2801 Geary Blvd @ Wood, San Francisco.

We will also be selling our limited-edition patches, pint glasses, "I DON'T RIDE BITCH" hoodies and more!

Let's have some scooter fun, y'all!

:)
Lauren
on behalf of SFSGs
evolving
LauraM

Post by LauraM »

Nice article about your group in today's chronicle. Wish I could join you but I can't get my scooter from the east bay to San Francisco.
lau7renharp

Post by lau7renharp »

LauraM wrote:Nice article about your group in today's chronicle. Wish I could join you but I can't get my scooter from the east bay to San Francisco.
Thank you for noticing that! Other than a few misquotes, we were pretty pleased with the article. We've hosted several East Bay rides in the past, but we're staying further West for the rally. We hope to see you another time...

FYI...

The South Bay Scooter Posse is hosting a ride to the meet-up, as follows:

10:30am Sept 13
76 Station
14395 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070

Kickstands up @11am
Route: Up Hwy 9 from Saratoga, then North on Skyline.

Meeting up with San Francisco people at noon, intersection of Skyline and Tunitas Creek...lunch in Davenport...

We look forward to riding with you!

Lau7ren
evolving
lau7renharp

Update: Prizes!

Post by lau7renharp »

Hey there!

At the Sunday BINGO game, in addition to "The Killing Spree," we're awarding/giving away thousands of $$$ in generously-donated goods from BMW San Francisco, Rockridge Two Wheels, Revolution Moto, the Dainese D-Store, VespaSF, Corazzo, San Francisco Scooter Centre, GoGoGear, & more! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best,

Lau7ren
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (112.51 KiB) Viewed 5941 times
evolving
lau7renharp

Limited-edition rally patch!

Post by lau7renharp »

See the lovely 3-dimensional balls? You need one of these!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (109.3 KiB) Viewed 5935 times
evolving
tiii

Post by tiii »

I gifted the Blue Helmet from the rider that won it at Bingo (too small) to my niece who is an avid scooter pilot.

Only got this picture recently; thanks SFSG!