Quadrophenia Rally June 6-8 Tulsa, OK

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jperkins

Quadrophenia Rally June 6-8 Tulsa, OK

Post by jperkins »

Tulsa Scooters is hosting a Scooter Rally June 6-8.

The Rally looks awesome this year!!

Highlights include

Food, rides for 150cc and 250cc+, & a screening of Quadrophenia at a local movie theater.

More details @

http://cdn-5.psndealer.com/e2/dealersit ... ration.pdf

Remember rallies are only as good as the people who come. This is a special shout out to the Oklahoma City and Kansas City People. You made the rally last year. I hope you will make the commute agin this year.
jperkins

Rally

Post by jperkins »

Is there anyone out there going to this rally? Where are all the tulsa people?
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

im going. havent submitted my form yet, but i will be there with my significant other.

just for the saturday (and maybe sunday) portion.
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

i am leading the ride on saturday for the 150cc and under, it should be a great time
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I'll be there. My sister (Potamus2000) should be there too. I wonder how many people have signed up? Anyone know?
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

My parents live between Vinita and Grove, and I love Love LOVE Tulsa, but we don't have a trailer yet (or a trailer hitch :shock: ), and I doubt the little girl would like to try to find back roads to make it all the way. . .although when I bought my scooter here in KC at Scooterworld they talked about the KC group trailering down there (or was it OKC???) each year. I am pretty bummed we will miss it. :?
~Celebrate~
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

i think there are 30-40 people registered

www.cannonballbuddy.com
jperkins

registered

Post by jperkins »

closer to 50...but it will go up, some have not pre registered...including myself and friend
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

so jperkins which scoot will you be riding?

www.cannonballbuddy.com
jperkins

rides

Post by jperkins »

I believe I am taking the People 250..I have never been on the 250cc and up ride at a rally and want to give it a try.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Interested to know what folks thought of the rally?

I had fun--which was the main thing--and got to hang out with some cool folks. The raffle was excellent, IMHO (I ended with a GIVI hat, Corazzo gloves, and a six pack of Choc "Minor's Mishap" beer--well worth the $10 I spent on raffle tickets. My sister walked away with a $229 Corazzo jacket)!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
jperkins

promotion

Post by jperkins »

could have been better promoted, I am not affiliated with the shop or the ralley in any way and I am tthe one doing promotion on modernbuddy and modernvespa, these are to big outlets...guess i just expected the shop to step up a bit.
alienmeatsack

Tulsa Rally - Pics and Thoughts

Post by alienmeatsack »

Hey all. I hope I am ok here, I'm a Stella owner. I was at the rally as well, met some of you who were there. (Avacado Green Stella)

I thought I'd chime in and post pics while I was at it.

Wow, you Buddy owners represented! I think 1/3 of the scoots at the rally were Buddys! I love my Stella but I was totally digging the Buddys too. My only regret is not getting folks email/phone so we could hook up for rides and such later. I was SO overwhelmed by all the people and the newness of it all plus the heat, that I kind of just watched and stared mostly. If anyone here remembers me and wants to ride, do a ride to dinner thing, etc - please PM me!

My opinion on the rally was that it was just not very well organized. No offense to the Tulsa Scooters folks, but Sunday for example... I arrived around 950am for a 10am event and there were 2 people there, neither of which were from the shop. We should have arrived to find lots of people there, all setup and ready to go. There are tons of scooters around the area and yet most people didn't know about it unless they happened to goto the shop. And there was no real coverage by any of the news stations, who've been covering the whole "scooter commuter" thing pretty heavily lately. There should have been more posters, more word of mouth etc.

That said, I probably would not have thought of everything. And, I am not criticizing, just making note of the facts. Overall I enjoyed myself, even though I got sunburned to heck on my arms and face. And I loved meeting such a diverse group of scooterists. Some of the folks seemed great, others shy, and others just kind of did their own thing. That diversity is what makes scooter owners click I think - because no matter what we ride, we all have that one thing in common.

The ride on Saturday was great fun. And it was the part I enjoyed most of all. Getting to hang out more with everyone at the park was great on Sunday too. And the raffle selection was mindblowing. Except that all I won was a painted gold scooter toy. Others won $200-300 helmets, jackets, and other cool stuff. (It's all good though)

I put over 150 miles on my Stella getting to and from events, during the ride, etc. And it was all great fun. Esp for me, a newbie of 3 or 4 weeks in scooter ownership.

Anyhoo, here are links to my Flickr pages of all the pics I took. I tried to get everyone in the pics, some are crappy, some good, others just shots of the same stuff over and over. But please feel free to grab what you want. If anyone wants the pics on a CD, I'd be happy to make that for you as well.

r

Friday's Meet and Greet downtown:
http://flickr.com/photos/alienmeatsack/ ... 493170769/

Saturday's Breakfast and Ride:
http://flickr.com/photos/alienmeatsack/ ... 488345938/

Sunday's Mohawk Park Events:
http://flickr.com/photos/alienmeatsack/ ... 503506930/
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

i think alienmeatsack (i can't believe i just typed that) is right on with his impressions of the rally. and it was surprising how many buddys were there

www.cannonballbuddy.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Tulsa Rally - Pics and Thoughts

Post by ericalm »

alienmeatsack wrote:Hey all. I hope I am ok here, I'm a Stella owner. I was at the rally as well, met some of you who were there. (Avacado Green Stella)
We have many Stella owners (and even non-Genuine owners) here… All are welcome!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

hey alienmeatsack! i also posted up some photos in another thread in the gallery.

topic4836.html
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Hey, sailortot! Owasso rules!

I brought home, well, to the restaurant, the lost group.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Great pics AMS and Sailortot! I'm glad everyone had fun! It was great to meet everybody.

As to making a list of those in attendence: I meant to ask if Tulsa Scooters would put a sign-up page on their website when I was there this afternoon. I'll try again; we may yet get a group together for some summer rides!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I am hoping to hook up for some rides, hanging out, etc.

I was thinking about assembling a flyer and taking it to the shop to let people see it.

I am not picky, I'd just love to go ride somewhere, maybe have dinner and talk and be ourselves. And maybe do some interesting out of the way rides here and there.

I'm not hitting on anyone, dissing anyone for their ride or anything - Im just the guy who loves to talk, loves company, loves to drink beers, and loves to eat... on top of my new love... my scooter. :D
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

sailortot wrote:hey alienmeatsack! i also posted up some photos in another thread in the gallery.

topic4836.html
I saw those, got more? Im addicted to pics... and looking for anything with me in it too so I can add it to my collection. thanks for the pics - I see you got a few of kalvin's Stella in there too, he would be so proud :D
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

we should all try to meet up for the thursday night ride @ tulsa scooters

elm creek smith- were you the other rider in the fashionable orange safety vest?

www.cannonballbuddy.com
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I am thinking about trying to make the Thursday night rides myself. But I'd also be happy riding any other evening or on weekends.

Even if it's a "lets meet for lunch on Saturday" kind of thing where we can meet, talk scoots and other stuff, and hang, maybe go ride somewhere, etc.

Post by Guest »

anyone going on the thursday ride tonight?
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I was hoping to but I am flat broke until payday. Plus I am exhausted from being out in the heat.

But, next week for sure, and any other evening if anyone wants to ride to dinner or whatever I am good.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

robonz23 wrote:we should all try to meet up for the thursday night ride @ tulsa scooters

elm creek smith- were you the other rider in the fashionable orange safety vest?

Yes. Yes, I was. Stylin' weren't we? Next year I'll bring my own vest that doesn't look so much like a reflective sports bra. AND I'll find out where the leader plans to have lunch BEFORE we start out. Hindsight being 20/20, y'know.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."