Detroit, MI Rally-This Weekend-08/01-03

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

irishtim

Detroit, MI Rally-This Weekend-08/01-03

Post by irishtim »

Still my favority rally and it's only $10!

http://www.motorcityshakedown.com/Templates/home.html

Wiin this:

OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Awesome rally in Detroit! Great breakfast Saturday at A.J. 's on Nine mMile followed by a 70 mile ride led by Rover Darren on a pristine Vespa SS180. About 75 scoots. We were joined by Alix of Peace Scooter fame (coutesy of POC Phil). A lunch stop near the midway point at a lake view bar/restaurant led to a number of HD riders turning up their noses and riding by once they saw scoots had taken over the parking lot. A few of the old time REAL bikers came in and checked out the scoots and were very nice. The evening saw excellent r&b, ska, etc. played, dancing, a few cold ones, etc at the New Way on Woodward Ave in Ferndale. Percy from Buffalo even bought a round for the house (he got off lucky on me as I was on diet Coke at that point haveing already had my two PBRs). A guy from VA won best Lamby AND the 1964 LI 150 that was raffled off (what luck!). Some MB member named IrishTim won best Vespa for a not too shabby 1968 Sprint. See photos (when posted) at www.scoot.net then click Motor City Shakedown on left.
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA