Stella 4T's to be in Chicago by the 7th!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I think it's coming up from San Diego this weekend. Since the others are coming soon(ish) I'll be able to get it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
10gallonhat

Re: stellas

Post by 10gallonhat »

bosco wrote:I havent gotten a call or fax from my shipper either. We should be getting them the same day as SF - I will post up when i have heard word that they are on a truck on the west coast. So far --- crickets.
Perhaps, this is related to inland pirates? Seriously, I hope we hear something soon.
bluezurich

It's complicated... but here's the breakdown

Post by bluezurich »

Well let's take a looksie at how the clocks work over at GSC. April means June so when you talk about June 7th and you use the daily factor derived from the two month delay in the monthly scheme you get roughly 5 days later.
(2 months late is 1/6 of a year, 1/6 of a month is 5 days for the not so new scooter math inclined)

They're arriving today according to my formula and will be at YOUR dealer on Saturday June 19th.

Every crate has had the plastic pallet wrap carefully dissected to create a section just large enough for Anna @ Scooterwork's lovely and delicate hands to slide in and gently place a goodieschwag bag unlike anything any scooterist has seen before. I would be surprised if mine did not come with a unicorn farting rainbows.

Who amongst us here will be recording the uncrating process?
I know for a fact that lovelandstella is camping out at his dealers like a rabid Tween pining for Edward and the release of the special edition Twilight iphone 4 at the Apple store.
Lovelandstella

Re: stellas

Post by Lovelandstella »

10gallonhat wrote:
bosco wrote:I haven't gotten a call or fax from my shipper either. We should be getting them the same day as SF - I will post up when i have heard word that they are on a truck on the west coast. So far --- crickets.
Perhaps, this is related to inland pirates? Seriously, I hope we hear something soon.
no kidding. :( This being told something and have it not happen is worse than/or equall to "the full on not knowing".
I ... want my stella.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
Lovelandstella

Re: It's complicated... but here's the breakdown

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:...I would be surprised if mine did not come with a unicorn farting rainbows.
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :lol:
~Lovelandstella
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

I give all you guys a thought when I go start up one or the other of my Stellas.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

All of this is equivalent to 300 kids in the backseats of cars yelling "Are we there yet?"
bluezurich

Who has an update?

Post by bluezurich »

Today is the day I bet a large group of anticipators contact their dealer with the "Where are the scooters? " question.
bluezurich

More delays

Post by bluezurich »

From my dealer

"...........spoke with Roy at Genuine today and evidently customs has held the shipment in Chicago while they do a thorough inspection. Probably because they are a new product. But how long this is going to take is unknown. So. . . I guess at this point we just have to cross our fingers and hope it's sooner rather than later."

Now I'd be thinking June 26th or later.

Glad I could be the bringer of such cheery tidings.
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

Lucky duck! Your dealer is open on Monday.
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

This is almost becoming laughable! I remember someone using a technicality to say that Spring didn't end until June so any impatience was unfounded. Now we're into Summer as a "guesstimate?!"
Maybe I AM an idiot to still have my deposit for the 4 stroke while the others just transferred their deposit money toward the balance of the 2-Strokes in the shop. I thought they were just being impatient, but with such a short riding season here, I think they may have been the smart ones!
:?
bluezurich

Which came first, the Stella or the Subaru?

Post by bluezurich »

I have a 2011 preordered car that I'm waiting for as well, it better not beat my scooter! (Car in 8-10 weeks)
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

Don't hold your breath on either!
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

despurvoa wrote:This is almost becoming laughable! I remember someone using a technicality to say that Spring didn't end until June so any impatience was unfounded. Now we're into Summer as a "guesstimate?!"
Maybe I AM an idiot to still have my deposit for the 4 stroke while the others just transferred their deposit money toward the balance of the 2-Strokes in the shop. I thought they were just being impatient, but with such a short riding season here, I think they may have been the smart ones!
:?
That was me... :oops: I didn't think we'd actually see the Calendars roll past the 20th of June, but it is looking pretty possible now.
Admittedly, my patience is growing thin. However, I guess the question is - do you want to be one of the first people to own a 4T Stella, or do you just want a Stella? If it's the latter, then just pull your deposit. Otherwise, sh*t happens and we have no choice but to wait it out. They will get here eventually and our early adopter manic enthusiasm and patience for this new product is what is making the 4T Stella a reality.
(At least that's what I'm telling myself to cope with the waiting now :shock: )
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

They are in the next to last stage, the only thing left after inspections is GSC getting them onto trucks, it won't be long.
Lovelandstella

Re: More delays

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:...evidently customs has held the shipment in Chicago while they do a thorough inspection. ...
it sounds silly to ship things so deep into USA THEN have customs inspect it. maybe it's just with scooters.
I hope that a shipment from [name of any country] carrying [name of any poison] would get checked before it reaches [name of our town], ya know?
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Think good thoughts, me I'm thinking of those slender hands reaching through the shrink wrap...........
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

despurvoa wrote:...
To give up on the stella 4T now (and transfer your deposit to the 2t) would be like climbing all the way up the high dive just to be lowered by rope. :wink:

but I do agree, those who switched early or even just bought a 2T in their awesome sale prices sure have been getting their money's worth.

Proud Stella 4T owner = zero rides on it so far. (not counting test rides)
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lovelandstella
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:Think good thoughts, me I'm thinking of those slender hands reaching through the shrink wrap...........
I am hoping for this too. they erased all trace of the spring promise - so maybe they don't feel they owe anything for that delay.
but I imagine they owe at least "one more peice of candy" for this missed facebook timeline. if not something more substantial.

maybe if I expect nothing but my scooter I will be pleasanlty suprised with anything ... aw well.

I just feel bad because I used to have "nothing but good things to say about Genuine!" now I'm afraid what I'll say if someone asks.

for the rest of you: the countdown to photos of a sh**load of Stella 4Ts is comin' up!
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

I expect an extra box of Lemonheads!
bdonay

Post by bdonay »

I just hope I can get the financing offer before it ends this month. I was already denied the spring fling package even though my deposit was in before it expired.
bdonay

Post by bdonay »

Vespa has a nice deal going on right now, $500 off all 150s. Starting to rethink things.
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

You SHOULD consider a Vespa. I have a GT 200 and I've never had a problem with it. Solidly built and they actually had it when I went to the dealers! :wink:
I was looking to try the Stella because I though it would be nice to have a manual twister, and then I could give my Vespa to my son.
My dealer has a brand new PX150 (2005) and the finish and fit is very nice. If I wasn't on the hook, I would have already purchased it.
If you're not on the hook for the 4T, I would definitely consider the Vespa!
bluezurich

Oh it just gets better all the time!

Post by bluezurich »

So, The EPA and Customs have decided to do EXTENSIVE testing on the Stella's in Chicago? WTF? Passing CARB doesn't rubber stamp you for Federal requirements I guess. Eric, can you shed some light on this since getting info out of Genuine is like getting marrow out of tofu.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

As far as I know, EPA approved the Sella quite a while ago, last year sometime. I don't have any info other than the scoots are in Chicago awaiting the unspooling of customs red tape.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmkjr72

Re: Oh it just gets better all the time!

Post by jmkjr72 »

bluezurich wrote:So, The EPA and Customs have decided to do EXTENSIVE testing on the Stella's in Chicago? WTF? Passing CARB doesn't rubber stamp you for Federal requirements I guess. Eric, can you shed some light on this since getting info out of Genuine is like getting marrow out of tofu.
the epa and customs has been cracking down on all motorsports vehciles coming into the us
just becuase they aprove a modle doesnt mean that the production run actualy meets the same specs as the one they submited

this has become aparant with all the chineese clones that have come into the country where they submit a bike that meets specs and passes then when the production modles come over they have used diffrent parts that dont meet standerds

yamaha had some issues with the new z125 as some states hadnt finshed there inspections by the time dealers had them on the show room floor and selling them

also when the latest lead law changes happened they had to freeze the import of a lot of small quads and motorcyles
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Hey what's another delay? Pass the IPA
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

My dealer called me to tell me it would probably be the 1st week of July. He said that customs would probably have them another couple of weeks because of rigorous inspections. Apparently they are more stringent because of all the crap the Chinese have been pulling with their lead-lacing of everything. Seems Asia brings a big red flag in customs now.
Being close to Chicago, I can tell you that thee just haven't been enough palms greased yet. Seems everyone in that town needs a piece of the action before they get those bureaucratic wheels turning.
Not happy about the info, but glad my dealer took the initiative to tell me what the heads at Genuine told him.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

despurvoa wrote:My dealer called me to tell me it would probably be the 1st week of July. He said that customs would probably have them another couple of weeks because of rigorous inspections. Apparently they are more stringent because of all the crap the Chinese have been pulling with their lead-lacing of everything. Seems Asia brings a big red flag in customs now.
Being close to Chicago, I can tell you that thee just haven't been enough palms greased yet. Seems everyone in that town needs a piece of the action before they get those bureaucratic wheels turning.
Not happy about the info, but glad my dealer took the initiative to tell me what the heads at Genuine told him.
Dealer called YOU? that's amazing! I can barely get my dealer to return my emails or be in the office when I call. lucky.
thanks for the info. Not good news, but at least NEWS.
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

OM
Gary Sebben

Post by Gary Sebben »

Long time lurker, first time poster. So these will be here an entire four months late, huh? So how do we all really feel about this? Understanding? Rage? Do you think we are owed for the delay? Especially those of us with four month old deposits? Just interested in a poll.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

If interest rates were better I'd say it's a ploy..........just red tape and a slow boat.........

however I am disappointed in the lack of forthcoming info from Genuine. Too bad we have all been kept informed by us the depositers contacting our dealers and them eeking smidgens of info from the dealer reps. I would not blame anyone from pulling their money and buying a 2T or a PX. But please don't pull your deposit and get a TnG!
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

so close to pulling...OMMMMMMMM
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

sad that July is now being tossed around. Fingers crossed they actually PASS whatever inspections they are going through.

If you are considering pulling your deposit, think about it this way. You put your money down and waited and waited and waited.

The Stella will arrive at your dealer, and somebody who didn't wait at all, will walk in a be able to buy it with no suffering or agony over the wait time. I'm not going to let that happen, even if I don't want it anymore :lol:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Well, at the very least we know they're in the US and that they're just awaiting a stamp from customs before they get distributed.

[sarcasm]I'm not sure that scootering is a good pastime for those who expect anything within four months of when you're supposed to get it.[/sarcasm]
Gary Sebben

Post by Gary Sebben »

It would be nice if they reinitiated the spring fling even for Stella 4T buyers. I for one like chrome bits.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Past time is right.

We missed the Spring Fling so they might consider giving us a Summer Hummer.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................
Gary Sebben

Post by Gary Sebben »

It's a good idea. I think if enough of us signed a petition, Genuine would consider it. Let join forces and let them know in one sweep that we're considering other options and want to be rewarded for waiting so long.
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

Count me in!
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:...[sarcasm]I'm not sure that scootering is a good pastime for those who expect anything within four months of when you're supposed to get it.[/sarcasm]
yeah, it's like a harsh winter, but in april, may, june and july! 8)
~Lovelandstella
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Gary Sebben wrote:It's a good idea. I think if enough of us signed a petition, Genuine would consider it. Let join forces and let them know in one sweep that we're considering other options and want to be rewarded for waiting so long.
I don't think a petition would help at all. Everyone's free to either wait or explore other options. Either way, Genuine and the dealers—especially those in CA—are going to sell these scoots. The point of the promotion was to stimulate low sales of existing stock.

The reasons they offered the deposits and pre-sales for the Stella are that this scooter is so anticipated and production is limited this year. Dealers wanted to give customers a chance to ensure they were able to get one. That's the reward for patience.

I don't mean to sound callous—the waiting definitely sucks. I just think it's highly unrealistic to expect some kind of bonus for waiting.

A t-shirt, maybe. $300 worth of accessories? Probably not.
Gary Sebben

Post by Gary Sebben »

Then you don't have to sign it, dude who's got his scoot already.

The people annoyed now with deposits down will remain annoyed. If they pull out now they'll never come back to Genuine. People who haven't ponied up don't have that resentment. They'll buy later. Losing depositors means losing customers for keeps.

Plus, it's not for certain all these scoots are and will be accounted for. There are still cycles open for deposits at my dealer in Marin. A bad economy is a bad economy.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

If you think it'll do any good, go right ahead.

I'm not defending Genuine or making excuses; I just don't think a petition will do much good, much less get them to throw in a $300 accessory package.
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

Ave Maris Stella! Monstra te esse matrem, iter para tutum, bona cuncta posce, semper collaetemur!
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

So, what color did everyone order?
despurvoa

Post by despurvoa »

It's been so long I forgot.
J/K

I ordered red, although the wife wanted cream. I am such a nerd, I wanted more visibility on the road.
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

Cream (or Ivory, as I prefer to call it) - which I think has more visibility at night :)
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

Slate Blue... can't wait. Although from the pictures I originally thought the seat was black, but I think it is blue as well. I may switch it out for a black seat.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

10gallonhat wrote:Slate Blue... can't wait. Although from the pictures I originally thought the seat was black, but I think it is blue as well. I may switch it out for a black seat.
It is blue. I have a large frame Ancillotti waiting to be put on my blue scoot. It's from Scooterworks and the cover, stitching and firmness are all perfect! Highly recommended.
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

bluezurich wrote: It is blue. I have a large frame Ancillotti waiting to be put on my blue scoot. It's from Scooterworks and the cover, stitching and firmness are all perfect! Highly recommended.
I'm checking it out now. I'll probably wait until after I give the stock seat a chance before upgrading though.