The Stella 4T: Delay, Frustration, Deposits, etc.

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I'm still in. I just hope they don't announce the 200s until I get my 150, or I'll have buyers remorse!
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
EvilTweety

Post by EvilTweety »

It's been almost a month since I requested my deposit back. The dealer says they are having trouble getting their deposit back from Genuine, so they can give me mine :evil: ... Talk about adding insult to injury...
DanteG

Post by DanteG »

EvilTweety wrote:It's been almost a month since I requested my deposit back. The dealer says they are having trouble getting their deposit back from Genuine, so they can give me mine :evil: ... Talk about adding insult to injury...

Not your problem ... your deal was made with your dealer, not with Genuine. They may be cash-strapped at this time ... the winter months are tough for dealers.

If you wish to do business with this dealer in the future, you may wish to bide your time. If, however, you are not satisfied with their answer, you may wish to consider getting a lawyer or pursuing the matter in small claims court. If their financial situation seems shaky (either no stock or too much stock on the floor), you may wish to act sooner than later ; your deposit could be swept up in their bankruptcy.

Harsh ? Yup. No harsher, however, than posting anI Got Burned thread after they close.
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

HST
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DanteG wrote:
EvilTweety wrote:It's been almost a month since I requested my deposit back. The dealer says they are having trouble getting their deposit back from Genuine, so they can give me mine :evil: ... Talk about adding insult to injury...
Not your problem ... your deal was made with your dealer, not with Genuine. They may be cash-strapped at this time ... the winter months are tough for dealers.
+1. Genuine has nothing to do with it. All dealers set up their own deposit arrangements; even the amounts were at dealers' discretion.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

and unless the dealer doesnt have a ge acount they proably didnt give genuine any money up fornt either
and even if the dont have a ge account i doubt the dealer gave genuine upfornt money anyways
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

I asked for my money back at my dealer and immediately received it. No hassle, no delays. They didn't have to do anything related to contacting Genuine. Sounds like an excuse because they tied the money up elsewhere. Technically I think your dealer is supposed to hold that money and not use it for other things, so it should have been readily available. Unfortunately that doesn't sound great for the odds of you getting your deposit back... :?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dealers may have had to put deposits down for the Stella 4Ts because the supply for the first shipment was limited and the 2Ts were still available outside CA. That's got nothing to do with dealers taking deposits from customers, though.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:...I have to wonder, though, how many went out and bought something else and how many will eventually wind up with Stella 4Ts. Hopefully, more of the latter.
I believe I actually fall into Both categories:
topic16600.html
but I didn't mention the 4T Deposit for some reason.
I was able to still Keep my deposit on the 4T, while I am in "plan B". So I am still curious reg. this...
ericalm wrote:
Lovelandstella wrote:
EvilTweety wrote:My dealer emailed me last friday saying that Genuine is setting up some sort of "rewards" program for those that have kept their deposits in. Genuine was supposed to make an announcement today, according to the email.
anybody hear any word on this yet?...
There will be an incentive or whatever you want to call it for those who already have deposits or payments in. Genuine is awaiting some info from dealers before making an official announcement.
Surely the've got all the info they need now, right?
10gallonhat wrote:That will be a year from when I put down my deposit...
me too.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

I agree with everybody else. that money never went to "Genuine" that went to the dealer's pocket. If I were you I'd call them on it. :x
~Lovelandstella
ritchj

Post by ritchj »

Dealers needed to pay for their Stella 4T's when ordered. I understand that they were offered credit towards 'special pricing of existing Genuine stock' OR a refund.

Your dealer is having cash flow issues.

See what your state says about deposits.

California does not allow non-refundable deposits for motor vehicles - CVC Section 11736 among others.
bosco
Dealer

stella

Post by bosco »

ritchj wrote:Dealers needed to pay for their Stella 4T's when ordered. I understand that they were offered credit towards 'special pricing of existing Genuine stock' OR a refund.
Interesting.
-we have a bunch of the stella on order but have not paid for them. We only get billed when there are VIN numbers attached to the order. I'm sure I will see a bill before I see the bikes.
Lovelandstella

all of it.

Post by Lovelandstella »

*Bump*
Delay, Frustration, Deposits, all of that.
Any word? From anyone? Any confirmations on "third week in march" or February?

Not much left on my 'bit' to 'chomp on'.
~Lovelandstella
EvilTweety

Post by EvilTweety »

I finally got my deposit back, and in the process my dealer said March. But then again, we've heard, that before. Now I find out that my company is relocating me to Montreal. Have to find a new dealer, I'm sure the 4t will take even longer to make it to Canada...
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I'm still in. With winter settled in here, I'm in no rush.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

EvilTweety wrote:I finally got my deposit back, and in the process my dealer said March. But then again, we've heard, that before. Now I find out that my company is relocating me to Montreal. Have to find a new dealer, I'm sure the 4t will take even longer to make it to Canada...
Motoretta in Toronto is distributing the Stella in Canada. Interestingly, they're badged as Genuine Stellas, not LML Stars.

They're on their site: http://www.motoretta.ca/