What a Drag.................

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mulliganal

What a Drag.................

Post by Mulliganal »

Man, you can't even have something nice without folks %^&@*ing your stuff up these days. I've seen this Stella over the weeks parked not too far from my office and noticed on the way home a few days ago that someone had ripped the seat off his bike. What a drag; I'm thinking someone saw him lifting the seat and thought it had a storage area.

I was going to ride my new Stella to work on occasion, if it ever arrives, but now I'm giving it a second thought. There are a lot of homeless around here that have nothing better to do than look too rip people off.

".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Well, if anyone sees a homeless person in Atlanta sitting on a scooter seat......... :?
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

Dooglas wrote:Well, if anyone sees a homeless person in Atlanta sitting on a scooter seat......... :?
I don't even know the scooter owner but if I see a homeless person with this seat I'm kickin' his @ss myself and taking it back.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
germ

Re: What a Drag.................

Post by germ »

Mulliganal wrote:I was going to ride my new Stella to work on occasion, if it ever arrives, but now I'm giving it a second thought. There are a lot of homeless around here that have nothing better to do than look too rip people off.
I wouldn't let it stop you from commuting. There is always a risk in anything that you do. Can't let it stop you. I live in Colorado Springs, which has a large number of homeless and drifters due to the great weather. I've commuted for years downtown and never had a problem. With any of my scooters.

Besides, the button on the back of the seat locks to prevent the seat from being lifted up. Most of the time people forget to lock it down. This would make it much more difficult to get the seat off.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Before you get all steamed about this, do you know that the owner didn't remove it? They could be having some custom upholstery done or getting a different type of seat.

What the hell would homeless guys want with a scooter seat? Are they going to sell them on eBay?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

I'm thinking it was someone who was offended that he took the Stella badges off and put a Vespa sticker on the glove box.
germ

Post by germ »

ericalm wrote:Before you get all steamed about this, do you know that the owner didn't remove it? They could be having some custom upholstery done or getting a different type of seat.

What the hell would homeless guys want with a scooter seat? Are they going to sell them on eBay?
I was thinking the same thing. That the story is incomplete.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

ericalm wrote:Before you get all steamed about this, do you know that the owner didn't remove it? They could be having some custom upholstery done or getting a different type of seat.

Could be could be, but the scooter has not been there again since that day and had been there almost every day for months prior. Also there was a broken plastic part on the top which led me to think it wasn't taken off by the owner.
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

I can't imagine a thief would go to the trouble of removing the bolts then putting them back. And that plastic piece is mangled on both of my Stellas.
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

If you look, the three seat bolts are threaded back into their holes a bit. I doubt that a thief would be so kind.
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Halloweenie wrote:If you look, the three seat bolts are threaded back into their holes a bit. I doubt that a thief would be so kind.
And it doesn't look like the seat latch area has been damaged
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

BuddyRaton wrote:
Halloweenie wrote:If you look, the three seat bolts are threaded back into their holes a bit. I doubt that a thief would be so kind.
And it doesn't look like the seat latch area has been damaged
You know guys, I could have been wrong here. But when I saw the broken plastic part at the front, didn't see the scooter after that day, and the fact that I'm downtown in a university setting where we get a number of breakins and homeless all around, I just thought it was odd. A friend had his very nice motorcycle stolen a few blocks away in the middle of the day. I'll give it time and perhaps the scoot will be back with a new seat. If I see the guy I'll ask him what happened to his seat.