Dog carriers for a Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mighty_triceratops

Dog carriers for a Stella

Post by mighty_triceratops »

My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a new Stella 4t and I have been searching everywhere for info on bringing your dog along for the ride. We have a 27 lb frenchie (so a compact 27lbs.) who loves car rides, jowls flapping in the breeze, and is generally unflappable (except when we are directly under the el when a train goes by) so I don't think she will mind the noise, especially with the 4 stroke. We don't want a side car at this time. The only thing I have found on the net is this http://www.rockstar-puppy.com/lapumodogca.html ($$$!). Does any one have this, know if it will attach to rear racks available for Stella? Or does anyone out there have an alternative?
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

welcome to MB and sorry i can't help. for you see, long necks don't play with three horns. (obscure reference for the day) good luck finding a solution for your canine passenger.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Not too impressed with that. Just a simple top case cut-out for the pooch...But at least they are trying.

I have seen a guy around town with a VERY 50's lookin dog crate on the back of a vintage scoot. Haven't yet caught up to him to ask where he found it...

I know a few people that would like something like this...And I have taken my dog trail riding on a dirt-bike before (carpet on gas tank with him in front of me), but I"ve not really seen anything good, yet
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
mighty_triceratops

viney266 wrote:Not too impressed with that. Just a simple top case cut-out for the pooch...But at least they are trying.

I have seen a guy around town with a VERY 50's lookin dog crate on the back of a vintage scoot. Haven't yet caught up to him to ask where he found it...
We were just thinking the same thing and looking at top cases to mod last night. Seems like a scroll saw and some sand paper + upholstery a la my very crafty wife might do the trick and save a couple hundred bucks.

If you ever catch up to that guy, we'd love to know what he's got. :D
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

there used to be several companies makeing dog crates for the back of scooter and motorcycles but they have all gone under
they just couldnt get them aforadable enough
as they were pretty much heavy crates that could take a wreck and still be intact

as for if this one bolts on to a rack or not i have no idea
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bigbropgo wrote:...long necks don't play with three horns. (obscure reference for the day) ...
the land before time?!

as for OP:
It's a little pricy, but how about this?
All the riding pet owners that I know eventually get one. That way they can even bring a friend!
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

It's called a sidecar. :D
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
mighty_triceratops

Sidecar is still out of the question at the moment ($$$). One other question I have is what is the max load for the different rear racks? I can't seem to find this in the descriptions. I like the racks with the back rests but they all have fold down racks and I don't know if I'd trust that with 40+ lbs. [/img]
mighty_triceratops

Oh yea, and watch out for sharp tooths.
mighty_triceratops

Oh yea, and watch out for sharp tooths.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Maybe something like this?
http://publicbikes.com/p/Nantucket-Some ... dium=email

I've seen someone take a standard black plastic dog carrier and mount it on a rear rack. IIRC, he then put a large hole in the top.

That said, I think a 27lb. dog might be too heavy for a rack-mounted carrier without some reinforcements.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…