Farewell, my lovely

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PeterC

Farewell, my lovely

Post by PeterC »

In August of 2006, I bought a new 2005 Stella from ScootOver in Tucson. I put about 7,000 miles on it, and it was a delightful ride and absolutely trouble-free. But our scooter club started going on longer and longer rides and, even with a custom, gel-padded Pirate Upholstery seat, the fanny fatigue involved in longer rides necessitated the purchased of a new Vespa GTS 250 in December of 2009. About a month ago, I spotted a beautifully restored classic 1967 BSA Victor 441 road bike at a price I could not resist. I bought it. My scooter garage accommodates only two vehicles, and my wife most unreasonably won't let me display the BSA in the living room (like most old British bikes, it marks its territory with oil spots). So Stella had to go. Fortunately, ScootOver found a buyer very quickly. I will miss her.
Attachments
100_0265_opt-2.jpg
100_0265_opt-2.jpg (67.98 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Tom

Post by Tom »

You made a beautiful choice!
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Hehehe. As the Brit manuals say, "... some weepage is to be expected".

The British NEVER mastered the art of fluid containment nor electrical distribution (think Lucas).

But it's sure sweet-looking.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Beautiful bike! I may be visiting Green Valley in the not too distant future. (Mom is wintering there). With a little luck and if all goes according to plan, I'll be riding my new (to me) Bonneville there. We can have a two bike British MC rally :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

That bike is gorgeous and looks completely cherry! Wow!

So how's it ride? Maybe it's best that I don't know.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

ericalm wrote:That bike is gorgeous and looks completely cherry! Wow!

So how's it ride? Maybe it's best that I don't know.
Believe it or not, I haven't ridden it yet. The bike is waiting on the arrival and installation of a new electronic ignition system, and in the meantime, I'm reading every page of the owners and shop manuals (yeah, I'm one of those RTFM fanatics). I also have to get off my lazy butt and track down a supply of non-ethanol fuel for the fiberglass tank.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Good man..I was going to warnyou about the ethanol eating the tank. Realgas.org I think. Lists all the ethanol free stations around. Also VP and Sunoco have a 94 octane ethanol free fuel available. Not cheap, but it works GREAT.

Nice bike :). A friend rides vintage trials with one. Its a nice ride. Looks like you have a nice clean one...As an owner of 2 Brit bikes myself...remember if it doesn't leak oil...you are out! LOL
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?