4T exhaust choice

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Maximus53

4T exhaust choice

Post by Maximus53 »

Giannelli or Sito plus?

Which is the better exhaust?
Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

Do you have a link to the Giannelli?

Personally, I wish they'd come out with a 4T version of the SITO Sport Replica Exhaust.

Curious to what the replies will be as I'm looking to swap out my exhaust as well.
Last edited by Goldfishpimp on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus53

Post by Maximus53 »

Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

Thanks... I must have been Google impaired.
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

Thanks for the Sito Plus link. I'm on my third stock exhaust and my warranty will be expiring soon. Is re-jetting needed with it?
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

My 4T Sito Plus came today, I plan to install it either later tonight when the bike cools down or in the morning before I go to work.

Looks like it's just plug and play according to the manual. No mention of jetting changes, Just bolt on and ride, and re-torque the bolts after 100km.
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

Here's my three exhausts.

Top: Stock 4T.
Middle: Sito Plus
Bottom: Pride of Cleveland Bajaj Pipe (POC Phil How'd you get one to fit? The header's different than the Bajaj, Did you just make a new Down pipe?)

I had difficulty fitting the Sito Plus and now that It's on I've run into a issue as to what I'm supposed to do with the tiny fitting coming off the header, Right now It's open to the air and exhaust is coming out it and air is going in it when I start the engine.

I emailed Leovince and I'll be calling them about this in the morning.
Attachments
pipe_dream.jpg
pipe_dream.jpg (192.77 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

Per LeoVince the extra fitting on the header needs to be capped off for our bikes. Right now I have a cork jammed in mine, I know it's not a long term solution but I've got a rally starting today and I need the bike :)
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I am anxious to hear your results with the Sito. have you changed jets?
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I spent the weekend running a scooter rally on my 4T Stella with my new Sito Plus and the Pipe did Great!

On a scale of 'Five Feet High and Rising' to 'Folsom Prison Blues' I give it a solid 'Cocaine Blues'.

The bike is pulling hills better than ever before, I'm now climbing mountains in 3rd instead of 2nd and my top speed has increased some 3-5MPH.

The hardware for the exhaust clamp fell off somewhere during the rally and I have a slight exhaust leak that's causing the occasional backfire which I think is from the missing hardware.
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Wow! Is everything else on your bike stock or did you also change the jets/air filter, etc? Do you notice any difference in initial acceleration from a stop?
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

No changes at all to the intake side of the bike. Stock airbox, filter, jetting, carb.

The only 'performance' mod I've got other than the pipe is a small windscreen on the bike.

It feels like I get up to speed faster in addition to going faster. It's kinda hard to say however as my speedometer cable broke back at Mile 79 and I've yet to fix it.

According to my friend following close behind me I'm now shifting at 40MPH when wound out from 3rd to 4th where before I was shifting at 38MPH from 3rd to 4th.
Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

Definitely sounds like a great option when replacing the failing factory exhausts… Did LeoVince happen to state how the extra fitting is supposed to be capped off? Sounds like nothing was included with the exhaust to do that??? Thanks for the info
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

They didn't offer any suggestions as how to cap it off.

For my initial trip to work and back I use a 'Salt & Pepper Shaker' Cork from Ace Hardware. Once I got home from work I bought some hose and clamps and made what I'm using now.

I recommend using thread locker on the clamp that goes over the section where the two halves of the exhaust join so you don't end up like me and loosing your hardware.

Long term I'll likely have a small metal cap made for the bike and adhere it with something like JB Weld.