Bought the Stella :D

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Spud

Bought the Stella :D

Post by Spud »

I finally got my scooter--a 2013 Stella in Dijon Yellow. I haven't been able to bring it home yet--have to set up the registration and insurance. But hopefully by Monday, I'll be riding. :D

The brake pedal seems a bit better on the 2013 Stella vs. the 2012--I could be imagining it, but it seems more accessible and easy to use. There is no temptation to neglect it and just use the front brake, which I felt when I was test-riding the 2012.

It had the floorboard/sheet metal issue I mentioned in my first thread, "Stella Choices"...I'm pretty sure by this point that many of the yellow ones are like that. I don't know why. :?: I've only seen it with yellow Stellas.

At least on this one though, it wasn't very severe, and it was only on the left side. Perhaps it can be fixed, re-crimped or something. I'll take a picture when I get it home, if anyone is interested in seeing ~exactly~ what I mean.

I'm really looking forward to thousands of miles cruising on the Stella! This will be my third motorcycle (or "powered two-wheeler", if you prefer...but IMO a scooter is a motorcycle), and I am sure this board will be loaded with great information.

Thanks everyone who posted in my original thread. I am glad I got the Stella and I love it already.
Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

Waiting is the hardest part.... Congrats.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Cool. Now go do some riding... 8) Be safe out there!!!
Spud

Post by Spud »

Well, turns out I may be waiting a bit longer to ride.

The VIN was wrong on my Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (short 2 characters), so I can't get my bike insured until I have a correct certificate. :x

My dealer will call Genuine to ask them for a new certificate, and I'll have to do the paperwork again...considering a trip to the dealer and back is 2-5 hours (depending on traffic), and now I might have to make THREE total trips...this is a bit of a headache.

I'm sure Stella will be worth it, but really, it's kind of irritating that Genuine/LML would make a mistake like this.

The other 2013 Stella in their shop has this same problem. For anyone looking to buy a new Stella, keep an eye out and confirm the VIN listed on the certificate is correct.
phattirepilot

Post by phattirepilot »

That's a drag Spud... You're right about checking VIN's while you're purchasing. When I bought my Stella the dealer used the wrong VIN on the registration docs. What a headache to straighten out with the DMV! The DMV actually suspended my registration for a while and Stella sat at home.

Hope you get yours straightened out quick!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I had one letter mis copied on a KLR650 years ago. Same deal total P.I.T.A. to get straightened out. I try to use title services now and never set foot in the DMV if possible; they make it easy when they can...well worth the extra few bucks.

Hope you get it straightened out soon. ;)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Spud

Post by Spud »

Still haven't gotten my bike...been waiting for about a week now. I've been having to bum rides, and now look to be missing riding through memorial day weekend.

I am pretty unhappy about the whole thing. :?