Center stand + rear wheel alignment

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Spud

Center stand + rear wheel alignment

Post by Spud »

I got my Stella, finally.

I had a little trouble with the center stand though. After about five minutes, I realized this was because I forgot to put the bike in neutral. :roll:

I gave a bit of tugging before noticing this mistake, though. Am I likely to have misaligned my rear wheel or anything else around there? I've heard Stella is somewhat of a finicky, delicate scooter, that doesn't benefit from any rough handling.

I didn't forcefully yank it back, but I did pull on it for a bit before noticing it was in gear.

Maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid...I really want to keep the bike in the best possible condition because I expect to have it for many years. What do you think?
Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

Congrats on finally getting your Stella...
I have done that on both my 2T and 4T more times than I can count (often I roll it into 1st gear while putting it on the stand) and it has never caused a problem.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Great, that's good to know. Thanks.

What are good parts of the scooter frame to grab while putting it on the stand?

The weight balance of the Stella is very unlike any other bike I've owned (it is my first scooter :)) , and I had a hard time deciding what a good place to hold would be while pulling back.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

What works for me is I sit on it, put my left foot on the left boot, stand and pull back. I never had a problem doing it that way....
Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

Agree with Drum Pro...
Only parts I ever grab are the grips; for some reason I wind up in between 1st and neutral a lot of the times when I kill it, so when I pull back I wind up dropping it into first and get hung up. Just roll the shifter forward a little and pull again.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Just make sure the bike is neutral or off first...
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

OK, Here is what I do. I am not saying it is any better, but it is just what I do.

I stand to the left of the scoot, and make sure I am in neutral. Both hands are on the grips.

With my right foot, I extend the stand down as far as it will go, keeping my foot on it.

I then take my right hand, and reaching from the back of the seat, towards the front, I curl my hand like Dracula, and grab underneath the front of the seat, like I am scooping sand at the beach.

I pull backwards with my right hand, and the Stella pops right up onto her stand.
2strokes4ever

Post by 2strokes4ever »

I just make sure it is in neutral, hold it by both grips, standing on the left side, use my right foot to push the stand down against the ground, and pull back on it. It goes right up on the stand. It is a lot easier to get on the stand than my Goldwing, which does have to be lifted from the rear grab handle.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I lay her down on the ground, grab the center stand, and pull to open position. I then push her back up and onto the stand.

:P
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

RoaringTodd wrote:I lay her down on the ground, grab the center stand, and pull to open position. I then push her back up and onto the stand.

Nice!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

RoaringTodd wrote:I lay her down on the ground, grab the center stand, and pull to open position. I then push her back up and onto the stand.
Too much work.

When I get to where I'm going I just kill the engine and step off. The bike's parked where it falls right?