Stella rear rack and cowl protectors

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

p.russo911

Stella rear rack and cowl protectors

Post by p.russo911 »

O.k. this is the problem I have. These two don't seem to work well together. The dealer installed the rear rack...I believe he drilled extra holes where the license plate fits. Anyhow the rack fits great and looks even better.

The problem I have is the cowl protector hits the rear rack support. Anyone have the same problem with a solution?

I have a Stella 4t

Rear rack is Prima rear rack wrap around $117.99

The ciwl prorector is cowl protector chrome $214.99

Both items fiund on scooterworks.com
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

unfortunately your rack states "Does not fit Stella 4T" so it's not surprising that you have fitting issues...

I would think drilling the holes in a different spot would help, but since they've already been drilled you'd have to move them quite a bit from their current location, and bending the rack that far might not work well...

the dealer should have checked those things when they installed the parts... so I'm assuming the cowl still opens but is tricky... sort of like when my sidecar was attached...

if you can post a picture of the back from an angle with the cowl both closed and partway open showing the collision then it would help those of us that don't have the setup see what you're talking about...
p.russo911

Post by p.russo911 »

Sorry for the confusion. I finally got the racks to line up and not hit one another. The end result was to remove the small red reflectors that are in the rear. they were not allowing the cowl protector to align low enough from the rear rack. Once I get the pics I will be sure to post them .