Teach me about the 24/24 carb upgrade please

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kgatesman

Teach me about the 24/24 carb upgrade please

Post by kgatesman »

We finally got the Pinasco 177, Mazuchulli crank and some other internals fixed/replaced for the Stella/Sidecar. It already had a SIP Road pipe installed. Now addicted, I want to replace the carb too, what would you recommend?

Should I get the Dell 'Orto SI? Or would you recommend something else?

Can I use the stock air box? Can you tell me about the P200 airbox upgrade?

Right now we are running a 116 jet, what jet would you recommend with the new set up?

Thanks guys! Right now we are riding gingerly, so I have no idea how fast she'll go. Hoping for 50 in the current state (with only the GF driving, no passenger, she's 104 lbs).
viney266

Post by viney266 »

The 24/24 i just a simple bolt -on affair. It goes back in place of the 20/20. Make sure you get the oil injector version. The P200 air filter is just a hair taller and without the blue element. It also has the holes above the jets drilled.

You will have to rejet obviously, but I wonder...not to confuse the issue, without a sidecar I'd say go with the bigger carb, but the 20/20 MIGHT make a little better bottom end torque pulling a hack...Hmmm, the 177 kit you have is excellent. I would try the 24/24. just keep the 20/20 around, you can always go back.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
kgatesman

Post by kgatesman »

It's a little fuel starved at mid RPMs, the (trusted) guy that opened up the case, thinks the bigger carb will fill it out, and we might get a little more speed.
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

The difference between injected carb and non-injected is the slide pull

Parts 41 and 42 in the picture. If you do get the non-injected carb, it's easy enough to take the one off of your 20/20.

-duo
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
kgatesman

Post by kgatesman »

Spaco or Dell 'Orto?
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

Spaco makes the SI carbs for Dellorto now, so it's kinda moot.
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.