2013 Stella OTD $3300 Good Deal? thoughts....

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rsrider

2013 Stella OTD $3300 Good Deal? thoughts....

Post by rsrider »

I've wanted a Vespa, but it's just not going to happen. $$$$$$ :( I could get a late model/used 150 Vespa for the amount that I would be paying for the Stella. Should I hold out for a Vespa, or go with the new Stella? I like the Stella, it's awesome retro looking. And I've had only minor, easily fixable problems with my Buddy, so I'm not worried about that. But Vespa, ya know.

The thing is I would be limited in what Vespa's I could buy, but they have Stella's in that wicked YELLOW color and also the Cream? and Green one as well. Both are sweet looking.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

A new geared one? If so, yeah it's is a good deal. I think they are trying to get rid of the geared ones. I would have liked to see the 200's come states side but I don't think they will.... :cry:
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

That would be near (or below) the dealer's cost by my reckoning. I think the 4T shift bikes will get rarer and rarer. At that price it's hard to lose
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

rsrider wrote:I've wanted a Vespa, but it's just not going to happen. $$$$$$ :( I could get a late model/used 150 Vespa for the amount that I would be paying for the Stella. Should I hold out for a Vespa, or go with the new Stella?
So, are you talking about a 4T shifty Stella or the new Stellauto? If the new Stellauto, then it is going to be a fair amount more expensive than a used 150 Vespa LX or S. If the shifty Stella vs. the 150 LX/S Vespa - first you need to sort out the shift vs. CVT question. Figure out what you want and then develop a workable way to make it happen. :wink:
VWMomma

Post by VWMomma »

Go check out Thousand Oaks power sports for their prices...$1999 advertised for a new 2013
toot

Post by toot »

Epic Motorsports in Goleta will match Thousand Oaks Powersports. Both dealers want to move them out. Epic will charge less prep fees though. Good luck
VWMomma

Post by VWMomma »

Nice, they gave me a quote of $2999 OTD & this was last month..I bought my auto at Santa Maria
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

toot wrote:Epic Motorsports in Goleta will match Thousand Oaks Powersports. Both dealers want to move them out. Epic will charge less prep fees though. Good luck
This was at EPIC in Goleta, and I told them I'd buy it at $3K and they wouldn't sell it to me. But obviously other shops are selling them at $3K OTD.
VWMomma

Post by VWMomma »

Look it up on Thousand Oaks website, they advertise $1999. Of course you have all the fees added on, but they told me $2999 OTD. Good luck!
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

The more I think about it, the more I believe I'm going to hold out for a Vespa. It may take longer to get, but it's something that I want. I have the Buddy for now, and it's doing the job. So I'll wait it out and see what the future brings, hopefully it involves cash.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

So your going to hold out for a new Vespa Sprint? I would as I think they are ace!!!!
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Drum Pro wrote:So your going to hold out for a new Vespa Sprint? I would as I think they are ace!!!!
Drumpro....tell us about this "new" Vespa Sprint...
A 2 or 4t? Shiftie or twistie?
Coming to the USA?
Thanks
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Details at Vespa.com.

It's going to be a 155cc, 4-stroke with a CVT, based on the new Primavera. It has 12" wheels that look rather sharp. Coming to the USA is certain; I've heard mumblings of June.

I'll take one in yellow, please. Headlight reminds me of a Lambretta Luna.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Thanks. .. If I was the OP...id get the 13 stella for under 3k$.
Unless he really wants a twistie.
The 4t shiftie Stellas seem to be a stable bike according to most of the posts here on them
Good luck deciding.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Cam

Post by Cam »

here is the Sprint...

Story is here: http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/03/25/p ... rn-sprint/

I think it is a beautiful improvement to the S but I still like the Primavera better. As always...pricey.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

To answer the OP's question, it seems like a good deal to me. The real question is, are you willing to live with a geared scooter? There is a bit more of a learning curve to them, but I think they're a bit more engaging to ride than a CVT bike.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

az_slynch wrote:It's going to be a 155cc, 4-stroke with a CVT, based on the new Primavera. It has 12" wheels that look rather sharp. Coming to the USA is certain; I've heard mumblings of June.
And you forget to mention that it will have ABS/ASR just like the $10,000 model 946. (sounds like it will be a heck of a scooter)