How to remove the Factory stickers

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RyanT

How to remove the Factory stickers

Post by RyanT »

I recently purchased a 2013 Stella and am having no luck removing the stickers above the glovebox... anyone have any tricks for removing these bad boys??
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Try a bit of lighter fluid, it'll soften up the adhesives. Be sure to wash and wax the area afterwards.

EDIT: You could also try the citrus solvent Goo Gone. That works pretty well to, but it leaves a bit of an oily residue and the surfaces will need to be washed afterwards.
Last edited by az_slynch on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Try bug and tar remover, works pretty well on various sticky substances without damaging the paint.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

3M automotive adhesive remover from Walmart.. aresol spray can.
Works1 Saturate a rag.. hold it on there.. saturate more.. they come off! slow but sure..
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
TheFatBlackWasp

Removing Factory Stickers

Post by TheFatBlackWasp »

I got all mine off relatively quickly with a heat gun. Then followed up with citrus cleaner for the residue. Works magic on the badges, too. Just be sure to keep the gun moving...don't want the paint to fail.
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

Hairdryer. Mine were a rubbery material (not paper stickers). They pulled off nicely once heated. No residue if you're careful. Try it before smearing chemicals and oil all over your bike.
RyanT

Post by RyanT »

caffeine65 wrote:Hairdryer. Mine were a rubbery material (not paper stickers). They pulled off nicely once heated. No residue if you're careful. Try it before smearing chemicals and oil all over your bike.
I will give the Hair dryer a go! Thank you all! :lol: