Lowered seat for 2102 Stella 4t

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Davo

Lowered seat for 2102 Stella 4t

Post by Davo »

It may have been asked before but, does anyone know if there is a lower seat for the Stella 4t? I'm trying to teach my wife and daughter how to ride, but both are short. Rather than cutting some material off the seat and recovering it, I would like to buy a new one rather than modifying mine.
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I fear the problem with the 4T Shifty is the gas tank and anti-roll-over valve stick up from the bodywork under the saddle.

Because of that I do not think a 'normal' Vespa saddle will fit.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

These are the only two I know of that might work for you:
SIP Ancilloti, though I don't know how much lower this sits, if any.
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_75903200

Vespa PX 2011 seat, this doesn't sit lower, per sea, but is narrower so it might help your wife and daughter get there feet down.
http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_page ... ewer/10410

Your other option is rather than switching the seat, is to teach them to lean the scooter to the left and only put their left foot down. The Stella isn't very heavy so you don't need both feet. I will say I'm 6' 2" and I can't flat foot both feet unless I'm all the way forward, the Stella is just very wide.
Davo

Post by Davo »

Thank you for the responses. I have been trying to teach them. About a year ago she dumped my Suzuki Tu250, and since then she has been a bit scared. My Harley is low enough but at 800+ pounds I don't want to even let her sit on it.
I'll check with my people here maybe there was left over memory foam left from the last seat modification. I may just have to modify it. Thanks for the responses tho!
Johnny O

Post by Johnny O »

Note sure if the corsa seat from scooterworks is any lower, but here's the link. at 150+ shipping you might just want to modify what you have.

http://www.scooterworks.com/super-corsa ... US4GtTD-M8

Also saw this one on ebay in case you didn't want to chop up your stock one. At 39 buck it might be a good option:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-LML-ST ... 3aa11cd08b

Saw this too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vespa-PX-125-15 ... 1c51cb0349

But for that one it says only works with flat top tanks, so 4T stella likely wont work.

Good Luck!
toot

Post by toot »

SIP Ancilloti does not lower the seat height and you have to modify it a little because of the evap. I bought one, I love the look though
Clydeo

Lowered seat

Post by Clydeo »

I am dealing with the same issue, and concluded that a Buddy with a lowered seat was the best solution, at least for wife and daughter. I really wanted a Stella, as did my wife, but it was just too tall and top heavy (compared to the Buddy). I have a TU250, as well. Great bike!
Dooglas

Re: Lowered seat

Post by Dooglas »

Clydeo wrote:I am dealing with the same issue, and concluded that a Buddy with a lowered seat was the best solution, at least for wife and daughter.
Yes, this is really the right answer. I know it is not what the OP wants to hear, but it is the reason my wife rides a Buddy as well.
Davo

Re: Lowered seat

Post by Davo »

Clydeo wrote:I am dealing with the same issue, and concluded that a Buddy with a lowered seat was the best solution, at least for wife and daughter. I really wanted a Stella, as did my wife, but it was just too tall and top heavy (compared to the Buddy). I have a TU250, as well. Great bike!
I guess I will have to do the same. One thing I do miss , is my 2009 TU250. That motorcycle had a bulletproof engine. I rode it more than a GSXR 600 I had. I was slow but really fun. I would get another one in a heartbeat. For now I'll ride the Stella to work.
Clydeo

Tux

Post by Clydeo »

I have had a lot of bikes over the years, but I think that the Tux is my favorite. My wife and I rode it 2-up from Harrisburg, PA to the lower Outer Banks and back last summer. We took 2 weeks worth of camping gear with us. It was a tight fit, and we certainly did not break any land speed records, but the trip was a blast, and the bike did just fine. We plan on doing it again this year, only For three weeks this time!
Davo

Re: Tux

Post by Davo »

Clydeo wrote:I have had a lot of bikes over the years, but I think that the Tux is my favorite. My wife and I rode it 2-up from Harrisburg, PA to the lower Outer Banks and back last summer. We took 2 weeks worth of camping gear with us. It was a tight fit, and we certainly did not break any land speed records, but the trip was a blast, and the bike did just fine. We plan on doing it again this year, only For three weeks this time!
I sold the TUX to buy an Er6N, but if I can buy another, one I will.

I'll figure out something. I may sell the Stella if I can't ride it. I love it, but need something to teach the ladies at the house. It's a really nice little bike but I only ride it 3 miles to work. And sometimes on the weekend. I'm usually riding my Harley for farther trips.
Clydeo

Lowered Buddy

Post by Clydeo »

My daughter is REALLY short (just 5 foot even), and she is fine with just the lowered seat. My wife is taller, but she liked the security of having her feel flat on the ground, so she uses the same seat. As she gains confidence, my wife will probably feel more comfortable with the regular seat. We have both, and can switch seats in less than a minute. Which is nice, because I hate the lower seat with a passion, and I like playing around on the Buddy, too!
I will probably get my wife her own Buddy pretty soon. It is the only bike she has ever really enjoyed riding, and it is nice not having to ride 2-up all of the time.