Throttle cable wont spring back

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

malbeck

Throttle cable wont spring back

Post by malbeck »

Hey all, the other day i tipped my 2t with the help of the wind, and bashed in the throttle tube, took everything apart and bent the tube collar back, but now the throttle will not spring back, and I am wondering if I have to tighten a spring or something? I was unsure of where the white sleeve cover went with the square hole inside of it as well, so i put that at the beginning of the sleeve, and probably should grease it up to, but I need to get the throttle to return as normal, and ideas what I have not done? I took the throttle off my 08 and the same thing happened too, so its not a worn cable issue, and since i did not have a diagram, I am not sure I put it back together right as I had limited lighting when i had to do this! Thanks!
youkiddin

Post by youkiddin »

malbeck

Post by malbeck »

Thanks. The issue I figured out is, when I put the throttle tube back on, and put the washer that goes on the end of the tube just before the throttle cable holder, its not as fluid as it should be, which does not seem right, as it was all put back on in what i think is the right order! The manual does not show this order correctly, so i just took the washer off of it, and it springs back! Its odd though, I greased it up and all, and still there is this weird tension.